KU vs KSU Brawl

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This whole conversation is so Little Brother. Everyone expects the Kansas player to ignore the petulant behavior of the Little Brother and act like the only adult on the floor while no one has any problem with the absurd behavior of the Little Brother. It's comedic.

KSU does a bush league move and steals it to dunk under the guise of "playing to the buzzer"? "How dare the KU player respond by playing to the buzzer and blocking the shot. He should be above it all and laugh and walk away."

KU player does a bush league taunt? "Who cares that the response was to rush the court and assault him, what did he expect?"

"Who cares that three different KSU players assault the KU player by pushing him hard into the stands, the KU player should rise above it and just walk away."

You think you're unbiased but you just have a different bias than me. It's absurd what you're justifying while simultaneously chastising me for allegedly trying to justify things.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This whole conversation is so Little Brother. Everyone expects the Kansas player to ignore the petulant behavior of the Little Brother and act like the only adult on the floor while no one has any problem with the absurd behavior of the Little Brother. It's comedic.

KSU does a bush league move and steals it to dunk under the guise of "playing to the buzzer"? "How dare the KU player respond by playing to the buzzer and blocking the shot. He should be above it all and laugh and walk away."

KU player does a bush league taunt? "Who cares that the response was to rush the court and assault him, what did he expect?"

"Who cares that three different KSU players assault the KU player by pushing him hard into the stands, the KU player should rise above it and just walk away."

You think you're unbiased but you just have a different bias than me. It's absurd what you're justifying while simultaneously chastising me for allegedly trying to justify things.

You keep ignoring the hard foul I see. Just want to talk about the block.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
McCormack should get the rest of the year for stomping a dude out
https://t.co/J23f0XxrF2?amp=1
The Big 12 Conference today announced the following suspensions for the players involved in the altercation near the conclusion of Tuesday’s Kansas State at Kansas men’s basketball game:

Kansas
Silvio De Sousa – 12 games
David McCormack – 2 games

Kansas State
James Love – 8 games
Antonio Gordon – 3 games

Additionally, both programs were reprimanded for violations of the Big 12 Sportsmanship Policies as a result of players leaving the bench area during the incident.

“This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated and these suspensions reflect the severity of last evening’s events,” said Commissioner Bob Bowlsby. “I am appreciative of the cooperation of both institutions in resolving this matter.”
Sounds reasonable to me. They really couldn't let DeSousa come back for the next KSU game. I wish they would delay the penalty for Love to when he is actually dressing and available to play. He is suspended for games he wasn't going to play anyways from the sound of it.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
McCormack should get the rest of the year for stomping a dude out

Nah........it was nothing more than......

McCormack purposefully putting his feet in locations.

You are so little brother. You probably thought DeSousa was going to use that stool to hit someone when in fact all he was doing was getting dibs on a front row seat for his mom next game.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Once again KU is the victim. You are dense.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The most alarming part to me was the KU players stomping on the K-State player. Who does that?
No one did that. It's just how you are choosing to see it based on your own bias. Both schools were spoken to by the Big 12 prior to the decision and you can 100% guarantee that if that happened, KSU would have told the Big 12 that it happened and he would have more than a 2 game suspension.

You guys' assumption that this is what happened turned out to incorrect and my assumption that it is not what happened turned out to be right.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
No one did that. It's just how you are choosing to see it based on your own bias. Both schools were spoken to by the Big 12 prior to the decision and you can 100% guarantee that if that happened, KSU would have told the Big 12 that it happened and he would have more than a 2 game suspension.

You guys' assumption that this is what happened turned out to incorrect and my assumption that it is not what happened turned out to be right.

Here is what happens when KU players want to do stuff in "locations"........

EO2rmxSW4AAdMcF

The fact the league penalized Marcus Smart more than McCormick shows it pays...literally to play for KU. 12 games for your other loser is WAY to light. And the KSU player in plain clothes should be banned from the league. Like someone just said..........this is way too light for this BS.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Nobody is saying the block was the problem, good for him to hustle back and saying no way. Go out and flex at mid court or waive your finger walking away after you do it.
The post I quoted actually says the block is bush league, but the steal/dunk attempt is fine. Which doesn't quite lead directly to saying the block was "the problem" causing the fight but . . .

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
1. De Sousa could have just let it be after the guy stole the ball.

2. De Sousa could have blocked the shot, which I have no problem with, and then turned around and walked away.

He was the direct cause of this melee. It's like claiming someone who kind of cuts you off in traffic is to blame when you freak out and chase after them and end up causing a 20 car pileup.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Are all of the players who came off the bench suspended for next game?

That happened a couple years ago to Alabama and they played a game 3 v 5, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
1. De Sousa could have just let it be after the guy stole the ball.

2. De Sousa could have blocked the shot, which I have no problem with, and then turned around and walked away.

He was the direct cause of this melee. It's like claiming someone who kind of cuts you off in traffic is to blame when you freak out and chase after them and end up causing a 20 car pileup.

The KU player that hard fouled the Kstate player during the shot helped initiate it also.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Are the KU fans that are upset at the steal late in the game while dribbling out the clock (It was a bush league move, but not illegal by the game rules) the same ones that couldn't understand why Clones were upset a few years ago when we stopped guarding as time ran out and a player (Selden if I remember correctly) took it in for a slam?

• Winner
Reactions: jsb

Help Support Us

Become a patron