Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Scholarship chart is really coming together for the year after next --

1660067733140.png

-- only one open spot right now, but that could change
-- I imagine Tre King and Ward play their COVID year, less sure about Grill and Jones
-- any one of the three of the rising sophomores could leave, either due to PT or general unhappiness or NIL $$$, but those three seem pretty committed to Ames, Iowa State, and TJ so far
-- could have a de-commitment in the now four-man class, but hopefully not
-- not sure the roster has any major "holes" looking at it right now assuming at least some of the underclassmen pan out to their potential... maybe another PG, but maybe Lipsey and Eli King are that
-- I'd maybe like to see another "traditional" big man... Momcilovic should be good but is a finesse "big guard" rather than a true brawler on the block or rim protector, which take time to develop

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
A guy that can play in the post and defend most wings, I like it.

Baylor and Tech always have these guys and we're always short of them numbers wise.

High end outcome-Ejim 2.0.
Watching the highlights, he reminded me of every Baylor player that pisses me off by getting an offensive rebound to keep a possession alive. Big body, moves well and quick off the floor. Love what I see on tape.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This news is going to make me sit back, smoke a blount and throw some fish on the grill and relax like a King.

Ok I managed 4 players and 1 coach in that sentence. Can anyone beat it
Oh hawley, I can damn Kalsheur come close to that, but I'll need a link to the '22 roster 'fore I can jones it, then I'll fire up a nice king salmon fish on the grill too. Ta ba, I mean dah!

Reactions: Drew0311

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Scholarship chart is really coming together for the year after next --

View attachment 101538

-- only one open spot right now, but that could change
-- I imagine Tre King and Ward play their COVID year, less sure about Grill and Jones
-- any one of the three of the rising sophomores could leave, either due to PT or general unhappiness or NIL $$$, but those three seem pretty committed to Ames, Iowa State, and TJ so far
-- could have a de-commitment in the now four-man class, but hopefully not
-- not sure the roster has any major "holes" looking at it right now assuming at least some of the underclassmen pan out to their potential... maybe another PG, but maybe Lipsey and Eli King are that
-- I'd maybe like to see another "traditional" big man... Momcilovic should be good but is a finesse "big guard" rather than a true brawler on the block or rim protector, which take time to develop
I get this is more about scholarships than positions, but if you have to call one of the Freshmen a 5, it is more likely Omaha than Milan from what I have seen of their video. Milan is more likely to play the 3 than the 5.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Billew to Fish. Fish Billew. Billew Fish. Fish to Billew. Just wondering what sounds best over the radio or Hilton sound system.
One fish, two fish, red fish, Billew-Fish.

If we don’t get this at least once from Walters on the way to break, I’m going to be sorely disappointed.
TJ lands a big Fish!

(Can’t believe nobody got that one yet)
I don't know. Sounds pretty fishy to me. This fish seems like a keeper though.

I'll bet Kayden thinks we're all pretty weird. He's got to be used to this by now though!

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
That’s what his Twitter bio says. I’m not saying he’s lying, just that there is maybe some historical precedent for any measurements not taken at the NBA Combine to be not entirely accurate.

Sure, but what can you beleive if NBA combine is the only truth.

That's what his MoKan coaches have, and our coaches have seen it first hand. His length shows up.

Reactions: CyPunch

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I get this is more about scholarships than positions, but if you have to call one of the Freshmen a 5, it is more likely Omaha than Milan from what I have seen of their video. Milan is more likely to play the 3 than the 5.

I stole the template for the scholarship chart from one meant for football. Obviously, with football, who is what position exactly is much more clearly defined than for basketball.

Thus, I have had to make the occasional compromise or approximation in who goes where. Is Kunc a wing or a post, for example? I think it gets the point across, though, and the roster is small enough somebody looking at it can make their own adjustments for the imprecision of basketball positions nowadays.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Really like the Fish pickup. Seems like a really good hard nosed developmental piece that fits exactly what TJ wants.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
He seems to be the longer project behind Omaha. Since Omaha will probably be one and done, it makes sense to get someone that will fill that 4 spot with energy and effort similar to Omaha. He just won’t have the upside in athleticism. If he can work half as hard as Niang, he will turn into a solid contributor years 3 and 4.

Really, really smart scholarship management from this coaching staff.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
He seems to be the longer project behind Omaha. Since Omaha will probably be one and done, it makes sense to get someone that will fill that 4 spot with energy and effort similar to Omaha. He just won’t have the upside in athleticism. If he can work half as hard as Niang, he will turn into a solid contributor years 3 and 4.

Really, really smart scholarship management from this coaching staff.

That’s underselling Fish. I’d guess his skillset translates to being an early contributor as much as Omaha

Omaha is more about upside, not what you’re getting Day 1 imo

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
From a recruiting standpoint, I think T.J. has already exceeded expectations that were already in good position. But I’m not surprised, TJ is a helluva recruiter—that was never an issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron