Kansas

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Fun fact concerning the TCU/KU game

Since joining the Big XII, the average margin of victory for TCU over KU has only been 7 points

2012 : 20-6
2013 : 27-17
2014 : 34-30
2015 : 23-17
2016 : 24-23

Now I'm not saying KU is gonna keep it close, because I truly think this KU squad is a special kind of inept.

However, KU's defense could keep this game closer than people anticipate as long as they don't shoot enormous holes in their feet all day in the other facets of the game. I'm not a betting man, but I won't be surprised to see Kansas cover that 38 point spread.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
It's been great for the conference, but it would be hard for TCU to replace him, which would be good for ISU.

Yeah, I just like seeing a coach build something and not get lured away for more money is all.

As far as it's effect on us, I'm oddly confident when we play them. Even when they have been really good, I go into every game against TCU thinking we have a shot. They are always solid on both ends, but they have never scared me like some other teams used to. I like playing them to see how we match up.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Fun fact concerning the TCU/KU game

Since joining the Big XII, the average margin of victory for TCU over KU has only been 7 points

2012 : 20-6
2013 : 27-17
2014 : 34-30
2015 : 23-17
2016 : 24-23

Now I'm not saying KU is gonna keep it close, because I truly think this KU squad is a special kind of inept.

However, KU's defense could keep this game closer than people anticipate as long as they don't shoot enormous holes in their feet all day in the other facets of the game. I'm not a betting man, but I won't be surprised to see Kansas cover that 38 point spread.

This is what I really don't get. They have been not very good this year, but there have been games where, if they would have not turned the ball over multiple times, they probably could have won. They somehow had 560 yards of offense against WVU this year. Those guys sure didn't show up in Ames last week, but it isn't like they are averaging 106 yards a game. Actually before the ISU game they were averaging 30 or more yards per game than ISU.

College football is funny, just glad ISU gets to laugh a little this time.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yeah, I just like seeing a coach build something and not get lured away for more money is all.

As far as it's effect on us, I'm oddly confident when we play them. Even when they have been really good, I go into every game against TCU thinking we have a shot. They are always solid on both ends, but they have never scared me like some other teams used to. I like playing them to see how we match up.
It's a good story for sure, but I only like that if it's at ISU.

I have no data to back this, but it's easier for Midwest underdogs to stay closer to teams that lean more on defense, which is how I view TCU. It's why the Big 10 is easier to win in.