NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Of course anything can happen against any team and no game is a gimme...but looking at the remaining schedule the only game that worries me is at the Bengals.

• Optimistic
Reactions: deadeyededric

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Is this Patrick Mahomes finest season? I know it's early so I don't want to get ahead of myself and I doubt it's his best statically but it's incredible what he's doing with the rest of the offense around him not named Kelce

Reactions: CloneIce

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Last night's game was almost a carbon copy of last year's game at SoFi. Kelce with the GW TD late or OT.

Reactions: GoHawks

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Huge game by Mahomes and Kelce and the WRs/TEs that stepped up with everyone out. Defense was struggling at times but I do like that they are still getting sacks. FInally got some TOs as well. That is something that is severely lacking with the defense. Hopefully, Thornhill is ok.
Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Huge game by Mahomes and Kelce and the WRs/TEs that stepped up with everyone out. Defense was struggling at times but I do like that they are still getting sacks. FInally got some TOs as well. That is something that is severely lacking with the defense. Hopefully, Thornhill is ok.
Mahomes is the best QB in the league.
Defense was atrocious first half but played much better 2nd half. I think Clark needs to be even more situational than he is. He hasn't been good since the 2020 playoffs. Mike Danna and him should see equal snap counts imo

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Kelce today.......
tenor.gif

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We're seeing how great Mahomes and Kelce are when Mahomes was basically down to his 4th 5th and 6th WR last night with JuJu and Hardman already out then Toney got hurt leaving him just MVS, Moore, and Watson and he still made it look easy at times. KC OL has not always looked great either, Brown and Wylie have not been spectacular at the tackles at times this year and I think KC looks to move on and upgrade there this offseason if they can. They already used the franchise tag on Brown this year and I can imagine they could use that money better than to address their needs than tag him again. Plus the KC RB situation is basically a committee that not 1 guy has ever really taken hold of the job but as a group they seem to just ride the hot hand most games.

I don't think you could put any QB on this roster and get similar or better results than they have got with Mahomes. He is a gamer and just has such a great knack for making difficult plays look easy. Reid deserves a lot of credit too as he's never tried to re-invent how the offense plays, he has built that thing to get the most out of the guys they have to work with and let Mahomes be able to do his thing.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
We're seeing how great Mahomes and Kelce are when Mahomes was basically down to his 4th 5th and 6th WR last night with JuJu and Hardman already out then Toney got hurt leaving him just MVS, Moore, and Watson and he still made it look easy at times. KC OL has not always looked great either, Brown and Wylie have not been spectacular at the tackles at times this year and I think KC looks to move on and upgrade there this offseason if they can. They already used the franchise tag on Brown this year and I can imagine they could use that money better than to address their needs than tag him again. Plus the KC RB situation is basically a committee that not 1 guy has ever really taken hold of the job but as a group they seem to just ride the hot hand most games.

I don't think you could put any QB on this roster and get similar or better results than they have got with Mahomes. He is a gamer and just has such a great knack for making difficult plays look easy. Reid deserves a lot of credit too as he's never tried to re-invent how the offense plays, he has built that thing to get the most out of the guys they have to work with and let Mahomes be able to do his thing.
I agree with the majority of what you've said and its a great post. I do however think we're seeing our future RB emerge In Pacheco. Guys a tough runner and hopefully finally gives us just a little bit of balance.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

They tried to sign Brown in the offseason and he wanted more. I am guessing the next offer won't even be that good. But someone will probably pay him.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
They tried to sign Brown in the offseason and he wanted more. I am guessing the next offer won't even be that good. But someone will probably pay him.

Yeah I think they will move on from him and either sign or trade for a LT. I think the Chiefs are going to be looking at replacing both LT and RT this offseason honestly either through an acquisition or the draft. Brown is not worth the money he wants.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE