NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I dedicate this tweet to @deadeyededric .

who the **** is brock purdy and what has he accomplished? Super Bowls? MVP? How many 50td seasons or 5000 yd seasons? KC would be 1-9 if he was out starter. All you do is make yourself look like a ******* moron. Last time you did this the 49ers went on a 3 game skid. I hope this helps the Eagles get home field. No way in hell San Fran is winning a playoff game in Philly. Maybe when Brock wins a big game he'll get more credit. Until then go jerk off over his trading card.

Last edited:

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
who the **** is brock purdy and what has he accomplished? Super Bowls? MVP? How many 50td seasons or 5000 yd seasons? KC would be 1-9 if he was out starter. All you do is make yourself look like a ******* moron. Last time you did this the 49ers went on a 3 game skid. I hope this helps the Eagles get home field. No way in hell San Fran is winning a playoff game in Philly.
Last I checked, Mahomes has 3 losses too. Pretty hard to win a Superbowl when you've only been a starter for 18 games and you were knocked out of the beginning of the NFC championship game with a torn elbow tendon.

Pick any relevant QB metric that relates to this season and Brock ranks ahead of Mahomes. Even a "******* moron" can see that. Can you?

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Part of perplexing thing to me is why they don't get Rice more involved and why they are still trying to play like 6 guys. THe first half they were getting Rice the ball in areas to let him make plays after the catch. Same with Toney that first half, and then they just didn't go back to it. And for whatever reason they love Watson and I feel like Mahomes looks to him too much when he is out there and he just isn't that good. But he is comfortable with him. THere are times as well I have seen Skyy Moore get wide open and Mahomes doesn't throw it to him like he doesn't trust him. But I also don't think they are using him correctly. Mahomes I think has refused to take easy throws at times this year and instead is looking for deep shots that aren't there. Rice should be getting the most targets of anyone in that receiving crew. I was hopeful Hardman would be the deep threat that MVS hasn't been but of course he got injured right away last night.
Moore and Toney have had stone hands this year which is why Mahomes doesn't trust them. When you consistently drop catchable passes in key spots it's hard to keep going back to them when you need a big 1st down play. Watson isn't anything special but he seems to be a good possession receiver so its not surprising to see him on on 3rd down and red zone plays and targeted like Kelce is in shorter yardage situations.

I like what I have seen of Rice so far and not sure why he has not been given more opportunities yet. Even Hardman is carving out a role again which is why Moore and Toney are losing targets too. There is not a true goto WR on this roster right now, mostly guys that would be WR3 at best on most teams.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Last I checked, Mahomes has 3 losses too. Pretty hard to win a Superbowl when you've only been a starter for 18 games and you were knocked out of the beginning of the NFC championship game with a torn elbow tendon.

Pick any relevant QB metric that relates to this season and Brock ranks ahead of Mahomes. Even a ******* moron can see that. Can you?

Don't start this **** comparing Mahomes and Purdy again here. Someone started a thread specifically for that so you don't have to keep derailing conversation here. Where were you a few weeks ago when Purdy was losing games? It's no coincidence that his worst games happens to come when he had key guys that were hurt that are now healthy again. Again, I cheer for Brock too but keep this **** out of the Chiefs thread please.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Pick any relevant QB metric that relates to this season and Brock ranks ahead of Mahomes. Even a "******* moron" can see that. Can you?
A better question is how could would the 49ers be if they had Mahomes, and how good would the Chief's be if Purdy was their QB?
Mahomes would win another SB with the talent in San Fran, while Purdy would struggle to make the playoffs with the Chief's offense, and Purdy has been great this year.

Comparing Purdy to Mahomes at this point in Purdy's career is not fair to Purdy.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
A better question is how could would the 49ers be if they had Mahomes, and how good would the Chief's be if Purdy was their QB?
Mahomes would win another SB with the talent in San Fran, while Purdy would struggle to make the playoffs with the Chief's offense, and Purdy has been great this year.

Comparing Purdy to Mahomes at this point in Purdy's career is not fair to Purdy.
It won't be fair to Purdy in 10 years. Mahomes will go down as the best statistical QB the league has ever seen. His numbers destroy even Tom Brady's at this point in their careers. If SF had Mahomes they'd be 10-0 and nobody would have come within 10 of them.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
It won't be fair to Purdy in 10 years. Mahomes will go down as the best statistical QB the league has ever seen. His numbers destroy even Tom Brady's at this point in their careers. If SF had Mahomes they'd be 10-0 and nobody would have come within 10 of them.
If you asked every GM in the league this question, "You can have either Purdy or Mahomes as your starting QB for the next 10 seasons, which do you choose?" Every GM in the league would take Mahomes, not 30 out of 32, but every single one would take Mahomes over Purdy, and laugh that you even asked such a silly question.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
MVS also had that other inexplicable moment when he slowed down and then didn't know which way to turn for the ball. That should have been another big play but he messed up. And Watson also messed up what should have been a TD by running the wrong route.
Mvs and Mahomes are almost never on same page it seems. It's typically MVS being lazy on his route or just not taking the obvious path. He makes Mahomes job very difficult even when he gets open.

Last edited:

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Moore and Toney have had stone hands this year which is why Mahomes doesn't trust them. When you consistently drop catchable passes in key spots it's hard to keep going back to them when you need a big 1st down play. Watson isn't anything special but he seems to be a good possession receiver so its not surprising to see him on on 3rd down and red zone plays and targeted like Kelce is in shorter yardage situations.

I like what I have seen of Rice so far and not sure why he has not been given more opportunities yet. Even Hardman is carving out a role again which is why Moore and Toney are losing targets too. There is not a true goto WR on this roster right now, mostly guys that would be WR3 at best on most teams.
Yes, all these wrs have been given the opportunity for a larger role and have mostly disappointed. I don't think anyone can really gripe about opportunities other than maybe Rice as you mention. Toney ran harder and quicker on Returns yesterday so maybe I'd work him in more going forward but I'm not confident in any of them. Be nice to see if Ross had developed into a contributor at end of season but he blew that opportunity a different way as well.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
KC could get JJ out of Minnesota. He has not signed an extension yet because he wants to make sure Cousins will be there (which he won't). How does a Mahomes Jefferson connection sound?
Too expensive

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
I agree that Mahomes is a better QB and all GMs would take Mahomes. However, I disagree that SF would be 10-0 with Mahomes. SF is not a perfect team. OL is mediocre at best and the secondary is well below league average. The weakness is masked by good pass rush. No matter who was QB, there was very limited chance against Cincinnati.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I believe that when you look at the first 15 games of any NFL QB EVER, Purdy is the best statistical QB. If you look at this season alone, Purdy is the best statistical QB, and it's not close. Those are facts, not opinions.

But you state your opinions as though they're facts, and you call anyone who defies your opinions a "******* moron".

I never said Purdy was better than Mahomes. I simply said Purdy belongs in the same MVP conversation as Mahomes, but that is just too much for you to handle.

@CYdTracked is right. This is a thread that is only for Chiefs fans, so I'm going to stop this pissing contest and leave you all in peace. Have a good night.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Back to Chiefs news, has everyone seen this making the rounds?

KC talk radio is having a field day with it.

He’s a cocky little ****. Seems like the most Philly thing ever to lose a double digit lead in a SB and still think you can talk ****

• Winner
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The offense will figure it out and we will see them again.

Gosh I hope so but it's getting worse. I'm not sure there is much to figure out this season. There just isn't the big play talent on offense and that condenses the field.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric