NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Arguably Mahomes isn't even the Chiefs best player this year.

In previous years, when the effort was there, Chris Jones could be one of the best linemen in the NFL. One game he would be dominant, then the next he was a non-factor. Then there were games he'd dominate a play only to disappear for a quarter. This was the same even during the playoffs.

This year? Jones has been destroying the NFL and showing up every week. He led the league in pass rush win rate and that was despite being double (or triple) teamed more than any lineman in the NFL. This was also against a pretty tough schedule, against some of the better teams and coaches, in the league.

What Jones did last night was truly remarkable and something the stats, despite being very good, didn't completely capture. Jones absolutely destroyed or blew the opposing lineman(linemen) back on at least 50 percent of the snaps. He had 2 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, and 5 credited knock downs but there were numerous other times he drove the lineman back to within a few feet of Burrow. He decimated single teams, double, it didn't matter. When accounting for position Jones was easily the best player on the field and it wasnt particularly close.

Philly has a good Online but they will have their hands full. Jones requires the entire offensive game plan to start with how they will contain him. Philly has not faced a player of this caliber all season and I think Jones will be out for blood. That's a pretty big advantage for the Chiefs.

I think the biggest issue for the Chiefs is containing Hurts and preventing him from breaking contain and picking up backbreaking first downs.

Should be a great game.
Jones was ridiculous last night. He got pressure on I believe over 20% of Bengal's pass plays. And on many of the others he got held. Also had two tackles for loss.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I think the biggest issue for the Chiefs is containing Hurts and preventing him from breaking contain and picking up backbreaking first downs.
Yep, this scares me the most as even Burrow got one of those last night. But if healthy, Mahomes has the ability to do the same. Hurts, though, may do his through designed runs as well.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Saw that the one injury issue for the Eagles is their LG Dickerson. Hyperextended elbow but will play in the SB with a brace.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Chiefs listed an injury report today even though they didn't practice. They said it was an estimation and listed Toney, Sneed, JuJu and Mecole as Did not Practice. Gay, Smith Limited practice and everyone else full participants.

• Informative
Reactions: dahliaclone

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
Mount Vernon native Jack Cochrane making it to the Super Bowl. No team has ever lost the Super Bowl with a Mustang on the roster.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
That injury report from yesterday is a big yikes. Gotta get healthy at WR. Cannot roll out a threesome of MVS, Moore and Kemp for an entire game.
It's only estimated at this point. Lots of time to heal up. I think Hardman is probably going to be a no go though. I think they should have shut him down a long time ago so he can fully heal. Now he's probably hurt worse and no contract for next year. Going to cost him some cash.

Reactions: RonBurgundy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron