Just curious

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Everyone's calling for the Big 12 office to look at the tape of this tomorrow. What good will that do besides those refs hopefully not reffing an Iowa State game ever again?

D

DistrictCyclone

Can the Big 12/NCAA reprimand them in any way for something like this?

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
They will look at the tape, realize that they made the wrong call, and give us a win. Duh.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If you can come back from the "Phantom Three" at KU in '04, you can come back to ref an ISU game after ANYTHING.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
It's a good question. I don't have an easy answer for it.

I would like to see officials held accountable in some fashion. Maybe have them be part of the post-game press conferences where they can be bombarded by questions from the press about why they officiated the game the way they did. Hopefully at the bare minimum they'll get a verbal smackdown from the Big 12 Supervisor of Officiating.

I wonder if this was the "best" crew the Big 12 could have sent to us, considering it was a Big Monday game on ESPN. Who are the best officials in the Big 12 anyway? Or at least the most competent, I'd settle for that right now.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Can the Big 12/NCAA reprimand them in any way for something like this?

The B12 apologized to Mizzou after McCarney beat them in his last game. It was that holding call on the shotgun QB sneak. If the B12 didn't apologize to ISU after making that offsides calling on the onside kick in the Baylor game last year, I don't see how they'd apologize after this block/charge call.

D

DistrictCyclone

They can but they won't. This isn't a Big 12 thing, it's a NCAA thing and we all know how much credibility they have right now.

Do you know what they could do? Fine? Suspension? I'm all for using a stick to ensure these guys get the calls right in the future even if it doesn't retroactively change the outcome of any game.

D

DistrictCyclone

The B12 apologized to Mizzou after McCarney beat them in his last game. It was that holding call on the shotgun QB sneak. If the B12 didn't apologize to ISU after making that offsides calling on the onside kick in the Baylor game last year, I don't see how they'd apologize after this block/charge call.

If they do apologize, I hope CFH makes them do it, in person, to his son. And then tells them to go **** themselves.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
It might get a little more media attention and may help us if we are on the bubble. I think this team will be far better than their seed in the tourney. We could maybe upset a 3 or 4 seed in the second round I think. I think this team is pretty good and on the edge of being great and can do damage in the tourney. They can beat any team in the nation on any given night. This review also might be in the back of ref's minds in future games...wouldn't want to be the next. So while not changing the record it tells the selection committee we have another win when it comes don to "opinion based" seeding.

Last edited:

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north

Were there any apologies for the blarge?

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Do you know what they could do? Fine? Suspension? I'm all for using a stick to ensure these guys get the calls right in the future even if it doesn't retroactively change the outcome of any game.

I'm sure they could either of those. Since these aren't Big XII refs, I think it's up to the NCAA to do something.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron