JTS Improvements - Want More

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I think this may be the equipment room that is located in the Olsen Building but not sure on that. Guessing they are moving stuff out of the Olsen Building now to prepare for it's eventual demolishing.
This is in the football facility. It's nearby the locker room, which is going to be remodeled and repurposed.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Vision 2020 Director's Meeting

19:30 mark is where Jamie gets into the future of the department

Thank you for sharing this. I watched the entire thing and encourage every Cyclone fan to do the same. What is the current status of this project, it is clear it is key to sustainable success?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
For everyone's refresher

Performance Center Video:

I enjoyed seeing this video again. Thanks for the link. It is a beautiful shiny new toy that is quite impressive.

However, as I watched the video, I had a few questions about the functionality of the Performance Center.

For instance, I hear that it is for all sports, but what parts? The locker room is just for football. How about the weight room? And is there another locker room to support other athletes in other sports using it?

Also, what is the capacity of the eating and social areas? I counted less than 100 seats at tables near the buffet lines. Maybe that's enough, but don't we have more than 500 athletes, coaches, trainers. The corner overlooking the stadium had seats for only about 20 to hang out. That didn't seem like enough. The study center had 10 small conference rooms. That would accommodate 50 students/mentors. Are there other places to study and/or meet with faculty mentors? How does the study/mentor capacity compare to the current study center for athletes?

Last edited:

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I've also wondered what Campbell's feelings on having other sports in there, if it will irritate him, more distractions for players and staff, sharing the space etc.
We must please God Emperor Campbell

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
So, is this vision going to be green lighted? I think it should... ISU needs ways to create their own revenue.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I enjoyed seeing this video again. Thanks for the link. It is a beautiful shiny new toy that is quite impressive.

However, as I watched the video, I had a few questions about the functionality of the Performance Center.

For instance, I hear that it is for all sports, but what parts? The locker room is just for football. How about the weight room? And is there another locker room to support other athletes in other sports using it?

Also, what is the capacity of the eating and social areas? I counted less than 100 seats at tables near the buffet lines. Maybe that's enough, but don't we have more than 500 athletes, coaches, trainers. The corner overlooking the stadium had seats for only about 20 to hang out. That didn't seem like enough. The study center had 10 small conference rooms. That would accommodate 50 students/mentors. Are there other places to study and/or meet with faculty mentors? How does the study/mentor capacity compare to the current study center for athletes?

Just look at the floorplan. Basement of the new building is going to be Softball and Soccer. They have locker rooms, a weight room, batting cages. And I'm guessing they are there because those sports use the IPF at times. Other Olympic sports (T&F, Wrestling) use Lied, so it makes sense to have them stay there. No idea where S&D or Golf do their lifting...maybe Lied too.

FB has a majority of the first floor of the new building other than the entrance/atrium area. Second floor is mostly the mechanical and utility stuff other than some offices. Third floor is academics, fourth floor is dining...both are for all athletes. I don't know the square footage, but that third floor has to be just as big as the floor athletes currently have at Hixon-Lied. And the fourth floor you would think is every bit as big as Seasons. I'm guessing that they're not going to have space issues.