JTS Improvements - Want More

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Here’s a twenty year goal, assuming CMC keeps building the program:

I always thought they should connect the east and west stands in front of the Jacobson. They already did it behind. Then you'd have grass hillsides behind the stands. They could actually fence them off so you have a semi-contained area for kids with seating below.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I always thought they should connect the east and west stands in front of the Jacobson. They already did it behind. Then you'd have grass hillsides behind the stands. They could actually fence them off so you have a semi-contained area for kids with seating below.
They're connected, tmk.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I think with the right architects you could have a really awesome design in our NEZ someday if warranted that would keep/expand the Jacobson accordingly, while connecting the East and West sides with an upper bowl, keeping the grass hillsides open and available. Would be incredibly unique in opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
When I win the lotto I'm gonna have renzo piano design the North end zone lol, they are the architects who did the Kum and Go hq in Des Moines and I think that vibe would blend well into the stadium and State Center architecture.

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
I think with the right architects you could have a really awesome design in our NEZ someday if warranted that would keep/expand the Jacobson accordingly, while connecting the East and West sides with an upper bowl, keeping the grass hillsides open and available. Would be incredibly unique in opinion.
I did this quick rendering back in 2015 that is somewhat like what you mention. Upper decks on North side with grass hills below.

Attachments

• jack trice north bowl.jpg
    jack trice north bowl.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 139

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Update the press box and you have a winner. But a 3rd deck around the top would be cool.
I just don't get why so many people get a boner about the press box. It doesn't make money. It doesn't enhance the in stadium experience for the thousands of fans in the stadium. Good video boards (coming) sound system and better cellular service would be money better spent. IMO.

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
I just don't get why so many people get a boner about the press box. It doesn't make money. It doesn't enhance the in stadium experience for the thousands of fans in the stadium. Good video boards (coming) sound system and better cellular service would be money better spent. IMO.
Because it looks like sh!t? Read all over other teams forums and we constantly get made fun of for it. As far as money goes we kind of missed an opportunity when we made the club suites between the decks for that.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Because it looks like sh!t? Read all over other teams forums and we constantly get made fun of for it. As far as money goes we kind of missed an opportunity when we made the club suites between the decks for that.

LOL I don't care some dumb *ss with a phone says. We are going to be farmed out anyway in the FB world, keep it nice but screw having luxury seating for CW and Randy Pete.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I get your point but it’s like have donuts on a $100,000 car. It looks terrible and high schools have nicer press boxes than we do. I wonder if that has deterred the networks from sending A broadcast teams to JTS (I have nothing to support this just thinking out loud).

I can’t think of one other P5 school with a worse looking press box.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
We can all talk about what ifs but unless some donors raise big money there are no major renovations going to happen to Jack Trice or Hilton with the financial uncertainty facing us. Jamie talked about this on the radio a few weeks ago. All major renovations are on hold unless paid for by donors.

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
We can all talk about what ifs but unless some donors raise big money there are no major renovations going to happen to Jack Trice or Hilton with the financial uncertainty facing us. Jamie talked about this on the radio a few weeks ago. All major renovations are on hold unless paid for by donors.
NC State and West Virginia have the same basic stadium we do. NC State figured it out and added their expanded press box. West Virginia's looks just as bad as ours.

Reactions: beentherebefore

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I get your point but it’s like have donuts on a $100,000 car. It looks terrible and high schools have nicer press boxes than we do. I wonder if that has deterred the networks from sending A broadcast teams to JTS (I have nothing to support this just thinking out loud).

I can’t think of one other P5 school with a worse looking press box.
This.

I’m honestly stunned there are people that ***** about fans wanting a non-high school ass press box. I don’t give a flying hot sh*t how much money it takes or makes; upgrade it to look like a big boy stadium. It’s embarrassing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron