JTS Improvements - Want More

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I'm not sure about timeline, but I believe the first business to open is supposed to be a sports medicine clinic.

I love that that's coming so close to our facilities, but really wish they could have figured out a way to put that next to the SPC and keep CyTown purely for the fans. Especially since the renderings show it in one of the primo end cap spots that have an unfettered view of JTS. Those spots should be two story bar/restaurants with rooftop seating to maximize the gameday party vibe.
At this point, they need to find a bar/restaurant.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
This doesn’t really make sense to me. Some stuff is already done that they have listed for the future.
I they made some sort of announcement at some point this spring/summer that because the cost came back lower than expected they would be able to get more work done than they initially expected, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: whoooe

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I will say, it would be funny if another Chase Allen incident happens and a player gets hit by a car on their way to the sports clinic

• Wow
Reactions: Cycsk

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Either apple cider or that weak 2.2;) American beer. Also, is it true State of Iowa won't allow concrete poured after Nov. 15 on state projects?

Pretty sure they were pouring it later than that when they were redoing US69 south of Ankeny the last few years

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
you know how stubborn pollard is, he aint changing the plans. Also it's probably set in stone with the clinic being the "anchor" tenant, probably a stipulation in their contract.
The original public plan always had the southwest corner being a medical building and the southeast corner being a restaurant/brewery. McFarland is certainly no surprise for the clinic. As far as I know there hasn’t been an announcement on who the restaurant will be. Topling Goliath was an early rumor but they are going to Des Moines. Maybe West O will get in even deeper with ISU?

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

hiltonisheaven

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
The original public plan always had the southwest corner being a medical building and the southeast corner being a restaurant/brewery. McFarland is certainly no surprise for the clinic. As far as I know there hasn’t been an announcement on who the restaurant will be. Topling Goliath was an early rumor but they are going to Des Moines. Maybe West O will get in even deeper with ISU?
West O would be great to see in the prime spot.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk and wxman1

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
you know how stubborn pollard is, he aint changing the plans. Also it's probably set in stone with the clinic being the "anchor" tenant, probably a stipulation in their contract.
They were the first tenant to commit. Also, the main real estate consultant, either CBRE or Cushman, will drive what ends up there. It is driven by demand and the willingness of people/entities to sign ground leases, which can be difficult to get financing for, to build the improvements vs. fee simple on the dirt. The market will drive what ends up there, not Jamie. I am sure there will not be any titty bars there, though. Remember, Iowa State owns the dirt.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Incredibly misleading headline. No surprise from WHO, though.

ISU is requesting approval to spend more money from private/AD funds, not requesting the actual money from the BOR.

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

hiltonisheaven

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Incredibly misleading headline. No surprise from WHO, though.

ISU is requesting approval to spend more money from private/AD funds, not requesting the actual money from the BOR.
It’s either written by an incredibly ignorant writer or was purposely written to mislead ignorant readers.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
At this point, they need to find a bar/restaurant.
I’m not sure just how many restaurant/retail spots there are supposed to be, but at one point I had a flash of how cool it might be for Welch Avenue Station to open a clone there—with about twice as much floor space in a modern building. Call it B.A.S.—Beach Avenue Station.

Someone mention it to Jimmy Z?

The original public plan always had the southwest corner being a medical building and the southeast corner being a restaurant/brewery.
I get the “anchor” concept, and having a medical clinic towards the stadium makes sense. Especially with all of us old geezers. I guess I was assuming that the locations towards the north end/stage are all supposed to be restaurants and bars, I.e, entertainment?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron