Josh Cunningham

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames

"Defensively he is a nightmare with his length, quickness, anticipation, and hops."

A version of Clyburn that can play defense, yes please!

I thought Clyburn improved tremendously throughout the season. It was a matter of focus with him. He did a great job on Deshaun Thomas from OSU in the second half.

But yeah, I'm more impressed with Cunningham every time I see him.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I can think of a recruiting pitch if it's ISU vs. Creighton.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
To be fair, Clyburn was a pretty decent defender. I ragged on him a lot, but a lot of times he guarded the other teams best player if babb wasn't in.

I'm very excited about the prospect of Cunningham coming here along with Vaughn/Custer. That would for sure be a top 15 recruiting class.

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I really likes this kid and hope he is a Clone. A lot of people dog on OU basketball, but I like Kruger and think he is a great coach that gets a lot out of his players. I am not surprised to see anyone visit or commit there. They have decent history with King/Mookie and of course Blake Griffin. OU features players like this well. I also think ISU does too. I think Niang, Cunningham and Nader could make a lethal front court full of match-up nightmares (the kind of thing Hoiberg drools over).

Last edited:

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

"Defensively he is a nightmare with his length, quickness, anticipation, and hops."

A version of Clyburn that can play defense, yes please!

Didn't you read the article, Creighton says that he reminds them of Doug Mcdermott. :twitcy:Don't get me wrong, Dougie is a fine player, but Josh's game is nowhere close to Dougs. Clyburn is much more accurate from the videos I've seen.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Another player for Josh just got an official scheduled.

@AmeliaRayno: Just spoke to Josh Cunningham & AAU coach Nick Irvin. Said Cunningham now has an official to MN set for the 2nd wkend in October. #Gophers

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012

@AmeliaRayno: Just spoke to Josh Cunningham & AAU coach Nick Irvin. Said Cunningham now has an official to MN set for the 2nd wkend in October. #Gophers

Good. Get the Goophs hopes up before he picks the Cyclones or Sooners. Gopher tears taste like sweet nectar.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
A little more on Minny's recruitment of Cunningham... His planning on taking all his visits and then deciding sometime in November. Good for CFH, due to some rumors OU thought he may commit on their visits.
ISU and Minnesota are expected to visit with Josh in Chicago this week.

I still tend to believe OU and ISU are the favorites, but it does seem he has some Minnesota connections that could come into play. (or that is Pitino's hope at least)

Josh Cunningham to visit Minnesota over the second weekend of October | Gold in the Barn | StarTribune.com

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I know the Gophs are going to get SOME players... Eventually... But a lot of their targets have committed elsewhere recently. I would like nothing more than to get Cunningham and Vaughn. Would be amazing.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I know the Gophs are going to get SOME players... Eventually... But a lot of their targets have committed elsewhere recently. I would like nothing more than to get Cunningham and Vaughn. Would be amazing.

Little Ricky better hurry, Mad Fran is scooping up the low mid-major talent in Wisconsin.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

As I said before, I hope that he and Vaughn don't fall in love with Minny's practice facility and leave us high and dry.

SoMinnclone

Apr 1, 2010
All they have is plans right now. They are probably years away from having it built. Big plans but they need to raise the money.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
All they have is plans right now. They are probably years away from having it built. Big plans but they need to raise the money.

I think Cydkar was using a little sarcasm!

But you're right, Minny will eventually get a new practice facility, but it will be long after Vaughn ever has a chance to use it. And Cunningham will likely only get a year (maybe 2) at best if he's a 4 year player.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Update of Josh Cunninghams recruitment
NY2LASPORTS.COM - UPDATE WITH 2014 SF JOSH CUNNINGHAM

Cunningham also noted that Creighton is currently the school recruiting him the hardest.
"Creighton is coming really hard right now," Cunningham noted.
With the visit to Omaha behind him, Cunningham is now focused on setting up official visits to a couple of Big 12 schools.
"Oklahoma and Iowa State but I'm not sure of the dates yet," Cunningham said of other visits he is planning.
Cunningham also noted that he has another visit in mind.
I'd like to visit Michigan State at some point," Cunningham said.

I'm a little confused, I thought he he had set his visit dates for ISU and OU?
I don't care for the idea of Izzo getting involved late. (granted he could be available for transfer from MSU after couple of years)