NBA: Jordan vs Lebron

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
LeBron James is the Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith of the NBA.

Michael Jordan is the Barry Sanders and Walter Payton of the NBA.

Both are obviously great players.... probably the two best ever in some order. But IMO LeBron is boring to watch, and like I mentioned before... I never turn on an NBA game just because LeBron is playing.... he's not that exciting to watch for me.

Jordan has the flair and the excitement. He has all the amazing moves, the creativity, the ultimate entertainer. I would tune into Chicago Bulls games all the time just to watch Jordan play because you might just see the most amazing dunk, or crossover, or pass, or block, etc that you've ever seen in your life. Barry Sanders and Walter Payton were like that for me also.

......... oh...... and don't forget.... Jordan showed up every night and played and took a beating. No taking several games off throughout the year to keep your body fresh like the guys do now. Lame.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
True but Jordan played in a time when defenses were allowed to literally commit assault and battery on you when driving the lane. Not saying Lebron wouldn't have thrived back then, he's a physical freak. But imagine Jordan going off if he were playing against today's defenses where they aren't allowed to get within a foot of the ballhandler.

The Pistons' 'Jordan Rules' was basically just to beat the hell out of him if came within sight of the rim.

And it was allowed.

Reactions: WISCY1895

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
I say MJ over Lebron. He already cries over every bump from a defender. He would have struggled against the Pistons back in the day. Those guys beat the crap out of people on the floor.

Reactions: VeloClone

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Bird is my favorite of all time but he’s not the best of all time or better than Lebron. Top 10 though probably. Growing up watching early 80’s NBA, Jordan is the GOAT but Lebron isn’t so far off.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Jordan’s will to win > LeBron’s will to win. LeBron is stronger, but Jordan’s competitiveness must be some kind of psychological disorder. I didn’t matter if Jordan had the flu, he would will himself to victory.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Jordan’s will to win > LeBron’s will to win. LeBron is stronger, but Jordan’s competitiveness must be some kind of psychological disorder. I didn’t matter if Jordan had the flu, he would will himself to victory.
Why the **** would I google him. I'm 41. I've been watching the NBA for a while.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
It sounds terrible to put it all on one thing, but to your point above is why I take MJ. A razor thin margin requires the tiniest bit of evidence to sway in one direction. Case in point: LeBron lost his claim to ever be the GOAT imo when his Heat team lost to the Mavericks and how he played in that series in the last few games. That is still the only Finals where he had no business losing. The other losses he had the inferior team, but MJ doesn't lose in the Finals to a team like that Mavs team (Dallas was a good team playing well at that time, but there was nothing special about them).