Jayden Nunn commits

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
It might be neither but I know what the priority should be.

I agree on the priority, but it’s a huge leap that you and other posters are making. Nobody in this thread knows that our ability to give Campbell a raise hinges on keeping Prohm, so I don’t think it’s accurate to state that speculation like it’s fact. I really doubt the two are totally linked.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I’ve followed recruiting for a lot of years. This guy looks more like a shooting guard than point guard, to me at least. That’s totally cool, we really need shooting guards too. There isn’t a position where we can’t use more talent.

Next up on my wish list - a power forward.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I agree on the priority, but it’s a huge leap that you and other posters are making. Nobody in this thread knows that our ability to give Campbell a raise hinges on keeping Prohm, so I don’t think it’s accurate to state that speculation like it’s fact. I really doubt the two are totally linked.

I know for a fact the AD will be in the red this year. It's been discussed they will need to accumulate more debt this year. So if you're borrowing v. Future revenue why go down that road this of all years?

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Nunn doesn’t look like a Pg recruit.

Seems like a textbook combo guard. His shooting form and size is nice. We probably can’t afford to take any more undersized types. From tape he looks like just an ok athlete.

If Prohm sticks around after this year it will be really critical to get Hinson to campus.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I know for a fact the AD will be in the red this year. It's been discussed they will need to accumulate more debt this year. So if you're borrowing v. Future revenue why go down that road this of all years?

Ok, glad we cleared up that the “Campbell raise or making a change” argument that many state as fact, is really speculation.

To your question - it is flawed to make this evaluation solely based on near term costs. When a program is struggling, There is always the consideration of short term cost versus long term payback. We will have to see how this season plays out, but if things continue to go really badly I am sure the AD will be weighing whether continuing to find new rock bottoms is acceptable financially and for fan morale. Whether the cost of a buyout is more than the lost revenue in future seasons from delaying the inevitable and evaluating if keeping the coach means more terrible basketball and more lost revenue and fan excitement compared to a successful program.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Ok, glad we cleared up that the “Campbell raise or making a change” argument that many state as fact, is really speculation.

To your question - it is flawed to make this evaluation solely based on near term costs. When a program is struggling, There is always the consideration of short term cost versus long term payback. We will have to see how this season plays out, but if things continue to go really badly I am sure the AD will be weighing whether continuing to find new rock bottoms is acceptable financially and for fan morale. Whether the cost of a buyout is more than the lost revenue in future seasons from delaying the inevitable and evaluating if keeping the coach means more terrible basketball and more lost revenue and fan excitement compared to a successful program.
Can you at least keep it out of a players committment thread?

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I feel bad that Marchie Murdock got roped into their Friday football show.
That show should be called the “Marchie listens to Levi ramble hour”. It’s unbearable. I love Marchie and he’s an awesome, charismatic guy. It’s a shame that he gets no air time due to a guy who loves to hear himself talk.
That’s why I love FART, Woody actually gets to give all of the analysis.
Levi is always talking over people. I want to hear Marchie and Netten's views more than his, but Levi's 80% of the air time. I feel bad for them.

• Winner
Reactions: cyclone4L

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The more I think about it, the lack of offers and starz may not matter. If he is a good to great defender and can hit 38%+ from three, he's the kind of player Iowa State needs, especially if paired with Hunter.

Reactions: Cyclone560

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
You mean like Freshman Xavier Foster?

College basketball is a guards game
It might be tilted toward guards, but you don't see top 20 teams that aren't strong inside AND on the perimeter.

Even Fred's best teams had Niang and McKay. Foster has potential. But if next year's team is going to be NCAA Tournament worthy, we need a couple more quality 4/5 players.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I listened to their Rece Davis podcast, all they did was annoying laugh over rece’s voice. It was horrible. First and last time I listen to their podcasts. Wrnl blows

I thought they were more like giggling school boys who wouldn't dare ask the Great Rece anything remotely challenging. I was surprised Davis even took the call.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Totally agree, I'm just saying, the comparison to Tyrese gets old, it's like everytime a frosh doesn't start or isn't amazing, we hear the Matt Thomas comparisons. Tyrese was a good recruit but ppl around here pretend he was some scrub with no other options. It's an incorrect narrative that gets more exaggerated as time goes on. At this point in their recruiting, Nunn isn't comparable to Tyrese, it's ignorant to claim he is.
He reminds me of Mike Rose....

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Seems like a textbook combo guard. His shooting form and size is nice. We probably can’t afford to take any more undersized types. From tape he looks like just an ok athlete.

If Prohm sticks around after this year it will be really critical to get Hinson to campus.
I’ve never liked the term “combo guard”. Usually seems like an attempt to put a positive spin on guys who are not good enough.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Easy way to cure that, think Curtis Stinson:)

Stinson was an F-ing bulldog. He seemed to actively look for mismatches on smaller guards where he could back them down in the lane or muscle them down on a drive. He really only became a good outside shot towards the end of his isu tenor. That and will B was handled more of the of duties.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron