Jalen Suggs info (recruiting)

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Suggs reminds me of a better defending Wiggs with no jumper. I don't see the fit with Gonzaga at all. Time will tell.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I don't get it unless you spelled his name wrong on accident. They're both out of control, pretty much the defining characteristic of their game.

I wouldn't describe Suggs that way at all. He is known as being a very smart player with a great feel for the game but doesn't have a great outside shot. He is a good athlete like Wigginton. That is about the only comparison I see but if you only have one thing in common with a player then are you really like that player?

Last edited:

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I wouldn't describe Suggs that way at all. He is known as being a very smart player with a great feel for the game but doesn't have a great outside shot. He is a good athlete like Wigginton. That is about the only comparison I see but if you only have one thing in common with a player then are you really like that player?

Just my opinion obviously but I think his evaluation is off. I don't think he has a good feel for the game and I dont think he plays smart at all. Just look at the U19's. He was awful but continued to take more shots than anyone.

I used Wiggs as a comp because we all know who he is. They're both SG's trapped in a PG body who struggle to get looks and force the issue when their athletiscm is matched. Wiggs sucks on D and Suggs can't shoot, I get it.

Reactions: Halincandenza

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Just my opinion obviously but I think his evaluation is off. I don't think he has a good feel for the game and I dont think he plays smart at all. Just look at the U19's. He was awful but continued to take more shots than anyone.

I used Wiggs as a comp because we all know who he is. They're both SG's trapped in a PG body who struggle to get looks and force the issue when their athletiscm is matched. Wiggs sucks on D and Suggs can't shoot, I get it.
Yeah, I agree with you here. I don't think he is as OC as the U19s spells made him look, but he certainly is a high risk/high reward style-of-play guy. His athleticism is great, but I think people/coaches are in awe with his work ethic the most (2 sport athlete helps that perception). He's big and powerful for a PG, and can shoot, but isn't by any means a lights out shooter.

I can understand the comparison to Wiggs because of recency bias but there are definitely better players to compare his game to. I think the Emmanuel Mudiay comparison by 247 is pretty good at this point in his development.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Yeah, I agree with you here. I don't think he is as OC as the U19s spells made him look, but he certainly is a high risk/high reward style-of-play guy. His athleticism is great, but I think people/coaches are in awe with his work ethic the most (2 sport athlete helps that perception). He's big and powerful for a PG, and can shoot, but isn't by any means a lights out shooter.

I can understand the comparison to Wiggs because of recency bias but there are definitely better players to compare his game to. I think the Emmanuel Mudiay comparison by 247 is pretty good at this point in his development.

I'll agree with you there, his motor is incredible. If he can be a Tre Jones type defender he has a chance, but I don't see the one and done. I still think that Mudiay is better at running an offense and Suggs has higher defensive potential.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'll agree with you there, his motor is incredible. If he can be a Tre Jones type defender he has a chance, but I don't see the one and done. I still think that Mudiay is better at running an offense and Suggs has higher defensive potential.
don't disagree, but to that point Emmanuel Mudiay in HS was seen as this physically imposing guard who could score in a ton of ways. Not saying they are a perfect comp, but could see that more at this point that Wiggi. And was trying to bring another perspective in for the people just straight up disagreeing with your comparison.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
It's been well known for a while now that he's going to commit to Gonzaga, correct?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It's been well known for a while now that he's going to commit to Gonzaga, correct?
Pretty much, yeah. There was talks of him potentially playing both basketball and football, then more recently about him maybe skipping college altogether and going the G-League or Overseas route. But given there is a commitment time set now, it's safe to assume Gonzaga is the decision.

• Informative
Reactions: skibumspe and ZZZ

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011

Suggs is 6'5 200 Pounds. I wouldn't consider that a typical PG body.

Help Support Us

Become a patron