Jack Trice throw backs

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
The boner level in this thread is kind of disgusting...

ngbbs4bbf8b11eb106.jpg

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Some hawknation guy is doing this for ***** and gigs

TwisterHead = probably not a Hawk fan.

*Browsed the website for a while before registering for a username
*Married on November 17, 2012
*Has Mediacom cable, with ESPNU
*Lives in the Ames area
*Is not a Steele Jantz fan
*Thought ISU football would win last four games of the season in 2012

Post history...

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
TwisterHead = probably not a Hawk fan.

*Browsed the website for a while before registering for a username
*Married on November 17, 2012
*Has Mediacom cable, with ESPNU
*Lives in the Ames area
*Is not a Steele Jantz fan
*Thought ISU football would win last four games of the season in 2012

Post history...

You forgot:
* Trojan sexual aid

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Part of me wants to wait until 100th anniversary of Trice's death to see those uniforms, but if they are going to be unveiled, it probably should be soon.

Prototypes have been floating on the interwebs too long to delay it, if it's going to happen at all. If it held off until 2023, fans might almost be bored with the concept ... or it might risk becoming the sports alternate-uniform version of "Smile" by The Beach Boys.

So a good plan is to do it this season, tie it into the 40th anniversary of JTS groundbreaking.

If ISU goes that route, speculation about which game it'll happen is easy: Oct. 26 vs. Oklahoma State, 40 years to the date of groundbreaking. Texas game would make sense from national spotlight standpoint.

Doing it vs. Iowa would be a waste. The rivalry itself can sustain that weekend.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Part of me wants to wait until 100th anniversary of Trice's death to see those uniforms, but if they are going to be unveiled, it probably should be soon.

Prototypes have been floating on the interwebs too long to delay it, if it's going to happen at all. If it held off until 2023, fans might almost be bored with the concept ... or it might risk becoming the sports alternate-uniform version of "Smile" by The Beach Boys.

So a good plan is to do it this season, tie it into the 40th anniversary of JTS groundbreaking.

If ISU goes that route, speculation about which game it'll happen is easy: Oct. 26 vs. Oklahoma State, 40 years to the date of groundbreaking. Texas game would make sense from national spotlight standpoint.

Doing it vs. Iowa would be a waste. The rivalry itself can sustain that weekend.

Prototypes might be a bit strong of a word. There's been mockups that creative, passionate fans have done...and they've been freaking awesome, I'm not downplaying what's been floating around, but to say they're prototypes:

1, overstates the 'officialness' of them...if we all decided because we liked monkeys, we should have a red arsed monkey on the helmets, someone did a really nice rendering of said helmet and everyone loved it, that doesn't make it a prototype.

2, is unfair because it doesn't necessarily represent what we'll see. As someone else said, even if a Jack Trice era throwback is done, it doesn't mean it'll look anything like what's been thrown around.

ZombieCyclone

Sep 4, 2010
That gif should play on the new video board and get one of those t shirt guns and spray the crowd with skittles.

TwisterHead

Aug 13, 2012
Just so y'all know, I'm not trolling. Diehard state fan and I'm about as sick of all these uni/helmet threads as the rest of you. That is why when I heard this for sure I couldn't wait to share the absolute truth. So for all you non believers when they reveal these at fan fest and then wear them during the Iowa game I will most definitely say "I told ya so". :)

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
If they're going to do this, they better look bad ***. If it's some half-assed ****** looking design, I'm going to be ******.

When I was a kid, I loved Mad Libs too. Let me guess, the three blanks in the paragraph are NOUN, ADJECTIVE, VERB?

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Just so y'all know, I'm not trolling. Diehard state fan and I'm about as sick of all these uni/helmet threads as the rest of you. That is why when I heard this for sure I couldn't wait to share the absolute truth. So for all you non believers when they reveal these at fan fest and then wear them during the Iowa game I will most definitely say "I told ya so". :)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

So, what are the uniforms going to look like? Let's get some definitive info. Why are the people who know not giving us more facts.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The OP is not lying, I heard about it last weekend from my cousin who works at the place they are being made. Forgot to post it on Saturday, I guess too much alcohol!

So did you not talk with your cousin about what they will look like? How did you not have that conversation? It would be the very next thing that all the rest of us who ask.