It's Memphis time,.....bring it on!!!!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Memphis honestly isn't an amazingly skilled team but holy **** are they long ,physical and athletic. I see George and Jones both using up their fouls. Rebounding/2nd chance points will be the biggest factor.

I like the kid but when they got in foul trouble and Harris had to run the point, tthey struggled offensively, a lot of standing around waiting for someone else to make plays. Va Tech got them out of their rhythm and they became stagnant, that's exactly what we need to do as well. Turn them in to a 1 on1 team.

Reactions: Snydes

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
I thought Chris said like 830 Friday.

Technically it’s 20 minutes following the conclusion of the VT vs Xavier game. That game is at 6:00 PM central, so between 8:00 and 8:30, but could be later if game goes to OT.

Iowa State is listed as the away team in this match up against #9 ranked Memphis.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'd rather play Memphis now rather than later when their freshman get more acclimated. They look like a legit Final 4 contender to me just in watching alot of the top teams this week.

Reactions: twincyties

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Memphis was surprisingly committed to playing decent defense but played hero ball on offense. I think we can frustrate them if we play good tough defense and turn them over a bit. We definitely will have to hit shots and finish at the rim. They have some athletic rim protectors that will make life difficult.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I dont know if you follow them closely but they were ranked 5th and 1st the last couple years in defensive efficiency. It's what they are known for under Hardaway.
No I don't follow them at all really. Have watched a couple games and that definitely jumps out to you. I was just surprised to see it.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
We win 73-68 and are ranked in the top 20 when rankings come out next week. I think the chances now of running the non con without a loss are looking good. After this the game I think they might lay an egg will be at Creighton. Other than that, I don't see Iowa beating us at Hilton and no one else on the non-con is a power. Go into the conference with 11 wins, pick up 9 or 10, win one in the conference tourney and it's off to the dance they go.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Memphis is super talented, but young. This is the time of the year to play them, because they'll probably be a beast by March. Hopefully our older guys like Brockington and Kalscheur, along with our own uber-talented freshman Hunter can carry us to the win.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We win 73-68 and are ranked in the top 20 when rankings come out next week. I think the chances now of running the non con without a loss are looking good. After this the game I think they might lay an egg will be at Creighton. Other than that, I don't see Iowa beating us at Hilton and no one else on the non-con is a power. Go into the conference with 11 wins, pick up 9 or 10, win one in the conference tourney and it's off to the dance they go.

That's not impossible.
I know that I started counting wins last night. It's totally not impossible.

• Agree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Memphis best offense might be throwing up garbage and hitting the offensive glass (the WVU offense). We have to be ready for a very physical game and not let it get to us (George). With the defense we play, Memphis will be frustrated and liable to take bad shots. Bates is a prima donna. Keep taking charges, battle on the glass, and take care of the ball, and we'll have a shot. This one is going to be ugly and intense. Wouldn't be surprised to see some players getting separated and T'd up. I suspect their physicality will wear us down in the end.

Reactions: isutrevman

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Condit reminds me of McKay . Not very disciplined. Could be really good. He will foul out again I am afraid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron