ISU vs KU

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
No. But Sweet 16 team. Watch how basketball should be played, and why Kansas always wins at Allen Field House. ####### refs!

Reactions: jay moe

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
That ku team was nuts...lost one game before Arizona picked them off in the sweet 16

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
It seems we don't hear from anyone on that team very often. With next year being the 25-year anniversary of their Sweet 16, it'd be a lot of fun if ISU honored them at a game.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
It seems we don't hear from anyone on that team very often. With next year being the 25-year anniversary of their Sweet 16, it'd be a lot of fun if ISU honored them at a game.

Agree, would be nice to do some “where are they now”. I loved those teams, so fun to watch.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
This was the game in Ames. I was top row. Willoughby was the best player in the building that day even though we lost.

I remember this game very well, dedric was hurt but just drilling shots everywhere. Man those were two good teams, those teams really got after each other. So well cia he’s, played so hard.

Tim Brando says at the beginning “The center of the college basketball universe is in Ames today” ..and it really was. Man I miss those days.

That team was very close to getting to the final four, I do believe if they could have gotten past UCLA, they had a really good shot against Minnesota.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
Thanks for the heads up. We had some really good players, but as I told my wife, that Kansas team was loaded with multi-year NBA guys.
I enjoyed watching our toughness from that team. I hope we can see that again!

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I remember this game very well, dedric was hurt but just drilling shots everywhere. Man those were two good teams, those teams really got after each other. So well cia he’s, played so hard.

Tim Brando says at the beginning “The center of the college basketball universe is in Ames today” ..and it really was. Man I miss those days.

That team was very close to getting to the final four, I do believe if they could have gotten past UCLA, they had a really good shot against Minnesota.
Agree. It was a great team. So was Kansas. The 2nd best Big 12 team almost made it to Elite 8, and Final 4. Very well could have beaten Minnesota to make the final 4.

Even though Minny was a 1 seed, not sure how good they were. I looked them up and didn't recognize anyone on their team except maybe Booby Jackson.
1996-97 Men's Basketball Roster - University of Minnesota Athletics (gophersports.com)

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
First game I ever attended in Hilton!
I was a junior in h.s. that year. I think I went to 3 or 4 other games that year. I remember going to the Texas Tech game earlier that year. They were pretty good(sweet 16) with Tony Battie, Cory Carr, and Stan Bonewitz. I also remember going to the Nebraska game that year and getting beat in Hilton by them. Tyronn Lue was unstoppable that day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron