ISU match starting now

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm confused. It looks like they are giving the scores to the wrong teams...or do I just not understand volleyball scoreboards?

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Lost set 2
25-22 Zags tooled our block and they blocked better this game-To many scrambles that didnt go our way and one off the face of the defender to the back corner from Grace hit-

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Drove through it a dozen or more times (family living in Washington). I don't mind country (I actually like Luke Bryan)...but a song sung by a guy about girls shaking their booties for him at a volleyball match? Seems a little tone-deaf. :)

Some people have no problem with college women shaking their booty!

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Clones in 3!
Holthaus is a total stud muffin- Piper looking better and better- Looks like two FR are going to play a massive part in this season.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I'm going to have to watch a few matches with someone who knows the game. I never played or watched volleyball (other than in PE in high school, or games with friends on a sand lot where rules didn't matter).
I don't know what the different plays are called, but it was entertaining watching some of them "faking" a hit so that a teammate could come up from the other side to slam it over then net.
It was interesting. :)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Jess, Eleanor, and Grace all with double digit kills. Jess still higher at 55 swings but 38 for Eleanor so it's getting spread out. 16 blocks in 4 sets - that's great to see! Hali with 31 digs - continuing the great libero tradition!

Reactions: harimad

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm going to have to watch a few matches with someone who knows the game. I never played or watched volleyball (other than in PE in high school, or games with friends on a sand lot where rules didn't matter).
I don't know what the different plays are called, but it was entertaining watching some of them "faking" a hit so that a teammate could come up from the other side to slam it over then net.

Want to come over? :)

• Funny
  • Friendly
Reactions: StClone and harimad

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Want to come over? :)
Next time there's a match where we both can watch, we'll set up a conversation so I can ask all my dumb questions and only you will be laughing at me. Because this:
Jess, Eleanor, and Grace all with double digit kills. Jess still higher at 55 swings but 38 for Eleanor so it's getting spread out. 16 blocks in 4 sets - that's great to see! Hali with 31 digs - continuing the great libero tradition!
might as well have been a foreign language! ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: harimad

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
They're actually not faking. Especially the middles, if they are performing a quick hit, the setter has the option of putting it right there for her to smack down, or choosing to send it outside, right side, or even down the pipe for a back row attack.
It's very similar to option plays in football, where at the mesh point the quarterback holds the ball to the running backs tummy, then reads the defender to decide whether to hand it or keep it.

Reactions: cowgirl836

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron