ISU Gambling Megathread

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Really?

I've walked right into the new building, sat in the lobby and waited to meet a client before, watched numerous student athletes come and go. I'm pretty sure I could have grabbed a snack and taken the elevator up and no one would have stopped me.

Yeah but that's because your still in shape and fit into the coaching age demographic. :)

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
My thoughts on this - and I don't know every detail - it appears to me the state of Iowa has an agency investigating gambling and that's how these athletes got caught.

I suspect this is happening in every state where there is legalized online gambling. I'm all in favor of people facing the consequences of their actions and only an idiot would not know the NCAA rules on gambling but it appears to me the state of Iowa is the only place where the state is investigating.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
My thoughts on this - and I don't know every detail - it appears to me the state of Iowa has an agency investigating gambling and that's how these athletes got caught.

I suspect this is happening in every state where there is legalized online gambling. I'm all in favor of people facing the consequences of their actions and only an idiot would not know the NCAA rules on gambling but it appears to me the state of Iowa is the only place where the state is investigating.
Yes it was Iowa DCI and gaming commision that did this.

No, no other state is doing it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron