ISU +3.5 vs ND

Cylone999

Nov 20, 2011
If you're going to bet ISU, just take the ML. Underdogs don't cover often in bowl games, they win outright more frequently. There is data to back that up, but I can't link it at work, they have most of those sites blocked.
Except ISU has lost some close ones. I took the points in the Alamo Bowl last year, and came out a winner when ISU lost but covered.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Except ISU has lost some close ones. I took the points in the Alamo Bowl last year, and came out a winner when ISU lost but covered.
Right, that game was one of the few where a team lost but covered the spread. This year there have only been two bowl games so far where the losing team covered, one of them being Eastern Michigan last night.

With that being said, and the close losses we've had this year, I'll probably be taking the spread here. If Iowa State loses a close one, I'm pissed off but win $$. If Iowa State wins, I'm extremely happy AND I win $$.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Wanted to drop by and say good luck on Saturday. Notre Dame is tough but no tougher than Oklahoma or even Baylor. Hope you guys can pull it off!
I hope not...we lost to both of them. Granted, both on the road and OU needed a blown call to beat us. I expect a close one. We might be due to pull one of those out.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I hope the team can finally put it all together and pull this out but they haven't been able to through the season. They have lost the margins in key games and i don't expect them to suddenly change their habits this one game. They'll be competitive but it'll come down to the last possession where they'll need to score or make a stop on the last drive and come up short. I hope I'm wrong.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I hope the team can finally put it all together and pull this out but they haven't been able to through the season. They have lost the margins in key games and i don't expect them to suddenly change their habits this one game. They'll be competitive but it'll come down to the last possession where they'll need to score or make a stop on the last drive and come up short. I hope I'm wrong.
This is how I based my wager. Would love to be wrong!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
We didn't get screwed at Baylor. Just didn't play well enough. We got screwed at OU.
Not saying we got screwed, saying we didn't ever play a full game to our potential. This team is great and terrible all in the same game.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not saying we got screwed, saying we didn't ever play a full game to our potential. This team is great and terrible all in the same game.
It's who we are. That's a could have won, not a should have won. We got what we deserved.

• Winner
Reactions: bosco

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Watched some of the pep rally on Facebook and man I still love hearing Coach Mac talk. This program wouldn't be where it is at today without him building the foundation and he still has the love and passion for ISU. Used to say after hearing him talk I felt like I wanted to tackle someone and still get pumped up when I hear him talk today.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Ah I see. Yeah spreads can be tricky and very unforgiving at times, and yet again so can betting straight ML's..

So depending on where you bet and what odds they are giving you, with a $10 bet, you're looking at making about $5 more if you were to choose Iowa State straight up rather than taking Iowa State +3.5. If you're confident in the pick, you might as well throw some money down on the spread as well because if Iowa State wins outright, they would cover the spread as well. If Iowa State would lose but cover the spread, you would at least make some of your money back or all of it back.
Thanks for the insight.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Yep getting embarrased now. Really dont understand why we weren't 10 pt dogs. Unless lots of drunk Iowans betting money.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron