Is Kansas State a Rival

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Do you consider Kansas State a rival?

• Yes

Votes: 147 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 59 28.6%

• Total voters

Big12footballjunkie

Nov 30, 2019
This is the only time I’ll post here and I’ll delete my account soon after but I was curious what your fanbase thinks. Over on the K-State rivals board we had a poll before the game Saturday and the question was: Is Iowa State a rival? The result care back as Yes: 261 No: 166.

I wanted to see if you guys over here think of Kansas State as a rival now. Consensus over on our site was that at first “Farmaggedon” seemed like a manufactured attempt at a rivalry after Mizzou and Nebraska left the conference. But now it has become somewhat real with Matt Campbell as coach and you guys having a good team. Thoughts?

Also best of luck in your bowl game!

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
All I know is that losing 10 of the last 11 to KSU is extremely annoying. Especially when the last few at least have been shocking or frustrating loses. I really want to beat KSU, but I don't know if that makes them more a rival than any other Big XII opponent. I really want to beat OU and Texas too.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Definitely a rivalry in basketball, we’ve been beating the Selfies regularly. Football seems one-sided with the way that program has cratered but maybe some Miles magic can rejuvenate them a little bit.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I voted yes, but you can drop your condescension that it only became a rivalry once Matt Campbell fielded a good team.

Some of those teams you fielded in the early Bill Snyder 2.0 era (back to back games at Arrowhead) were not good. One could argue the early Rhoads' teams were better than the early Bill Snyder 2.0 teams.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I’d say yes in basketball, but no in football. However:

Series history: Iowa State owns the all-time series record against Kansas State, 50-49-4.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
This is the only time I’ll post here and I’ll delete my account soon after but I was curious what your fanbase thinks. Over on the K-State rivals board we had a poll before the game Saturday and the question was: Is Iowa State a rival? The result care back as Yes: 261 No: 166.

I wanted to see if you guys over here think of Kansas State as a rival now. Consensus over on our site was that at first “Farmaggedon” seemed like a manufactured attempt at a rivalry after Mizzou and Nebraska left the conference. But now it has become somewhat real with Matt Campbell as coach and you guys having a good team. Thoughts?

Also best of luck in your bowl game!
Surly, is this your alt account?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’d say yes in basketball, but no in football. However:

Series history: Iowa State owns the all-time series record against Kansas State, 50-49-4.

That really ****ing sucks that the advantage in that series is in jeopardy.

• Agree
Reactions: Turn2

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I say yes. Despite the outcome of the last dozen games, ISU was in almost everyone of those games, and probably would have won several of those games if not for some horribly creative officiating and poor coaching.

Saturday was really disappointing because KSU clearly controlled both lines and won fairly easy.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I say not a rival. I would think that you get more emotional or anxious when playing a rival. K State doesn't even move the needle for me.

• Agree
Reactions: tsirnickesqcy