Iowa State Wrestling

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
JP needs to bring in advisors to help him identify the next coach. Gable has been around trying to help the program finds its footing again. Bobby Douglas still lives in Ames. I don't understand why you wouldn't engage him to help you start a search if you could.
Like Jamie Pollard is going to call Bobby Douglas...or Douglas is going to return his call. Yeah, like that's going to happen...

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I don't think this guy is far off. Not sure if you casual fans realize that there are some good size donors that are not happy with the program and are showing it until something is done. I know one of the donors that donates 5 grand every year. This year he dropped that to 2500. If nothing is done this year he is dropping that 2500 to 100.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
I grew up wrestling and watching Iowa wrestling but no longer an Iowa fan after my years going to school at State. Wrestling can be extremely entertaining and I just happened to catch the match vs UNI last night. I found myself entertained and couldn't sit still during a couple matches but in general ISU isn't good. It was great when Sanderson was here but now we wrestle a very lazy style and just don't seem to have much talent. Pretty sad.

I would love to watch more but until the product improves its hard to have any interest. I'd like to be able to watch Iowa to just enjoy great wrestling, but the idea of rooting for Iowa makes me ill.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I don't think this guy is far off. Not sure if you casual fans realize that there are some good size donors that are not happy with the program and are showing it until something is done. I know one of the donors that donates 5 grand every year. This year he dropped that to 2500. If nothing is done this year he is dropping that 2500 to 100.

Not sure what this post has to do with anything anyone else has said. If that donor wants to quit, more power to him. There will still be fans who choose to continue supporting one way or another. Is there something wrong with that?

ajbjunior

Feb 4, 2007
Talk about an over reaction. The original post didn't call for firing the coaches. He was pointing out discussion points around the team. ISU22CY some how took as directed at him.

The issue is there are enough diehards that will support regardless in hopes of things getting better and that's just enough for JP not to do anything. Wish he cared about wrestling as much as he does cross country and track.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
There were also donors that upped this year too... I understand what you were truly getting at. There are many people including myself, judoka, buf etc that are far from being HAPPY about the program's state.

Talk about an over reaction. The original post didn't call for firing the coaches. He was pointing out discussion points around the team. ISU22CY some how took as directed at him.

The issue is there are enough diehards that will support regardless in hopes of things getting better and that's just enough for JP not to do anything. Wish he cared about wrestling as much as he does cross country and track.
He was directing it at myself and others.

Last edited:

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Not sure what this post has to do with anything anyone else has said. If that donor wants to quit, more power to him. There will still be fans who choose to continue supporting one way or another. Is there something wrong with that?

It's not quiting it's called not being happy with how things being run. He's still buying tickets and donating.