Iowa State vs Iowa

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
With news about Murray's injury reaching Vegas, I have a really difficult time understanding why the point spread is Iowa -3.5. Even though the guy is their leading scorer and rebounder (averaging 19 and 10), I still liked our chances of winning with him at full strength because whenever great offense goes up against great defense, the defense usually comes out on top (as evidenced from last year's matchup).

I know Vegas does this for living, but I'm struggling to understand this point spread. Do they just think there are a lot of foolish hawkeye fans that will bet with their heart instead of the head, or are my glasses way too rose colored?
there's a reason they got all those shiny lights.

I'm not one for sports betting, but you'll never find me betting on college athletics. Truly anything can happen any given night.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
So what is that 4-9 or 4-8 because of Covid years?

Not that bad when you consider totally impotent McD Years are included…then

This should be posted in the threads asking why Iowa tends to be overrated in the score prediction tools like Kenpom.
I think 4-9 since the covid years were played. I don’t know about you but Iowa was equally if not more impotent under Lickliter at the exact same time.