Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
The 130th - 150th ranked transfer is a big time commit?
I trust all the people who makes these lists a lot more than coaches who choose them and coach them and things. Their jobs are more important and they are always accurate in their ability to rate players' capabilities in a vacuum.

We need more 5*s dammit!

Last edited:

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I’m glad my wife didn’t look into the single people rankings 14 years ago!
I would have never made any lists. I was safe!

Also before she knew about the WWW. So, I have that goin' for me too.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
What's considered average?

This past season it improved immensely while the defense remained the same.

That's really good from an overall program standpoint.
Improvement is not enough!!! Top 2 in the Big 12 is not enough, keeping all the most important components of a sweet 16 team is not enough, picking up what look to be nice hole fillers is not enough, having highly regarded freshmen coming in is not enough, not having every "best player available" when you are only one of 30 or 40 pretty good options with money to spend is simply not enough, ESPECIALLY when transfer season isn't even over. What in the hell are we even doing here?

TJ needs to get off his butt and do SOMETHING. NOW!!!

Not a comment on Madguy's post. Just a pile on.

;)

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Improvement is not enough!!! Top 2 in the Big 12 is not enough, keeping all the most important components of a sweet 16 team is not enough, picking up what look to be nice hole fillers is not enough, having highly regarded freshmen coming in is not enough, not having every "best player available" when you are only one of 30 or 40 pretty good options with money to spend is simply not enough, ESPECIALLY when transfer season isn't even over. What in the hell are we even doing here?

TJ needs to get off his butt and do SOMETHING. NOW!!!

Not a content on Madguy's post. Just a pile on.

;)

Is it too much to ask for ISU to be elite in every aspect of the game?

Same goes for football. If Marvin Harrison Jr takes a bubble or slip screen 70 yards by out running everyone including his own blockers, why not ISU!??

• Funny
Reactions: CYDJ and BWRhasnoAC

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don't see why Watson can't play the 4 quite a bit. He's long enough and athletic enough to play taller than he is. He has a knack for rebounding. His body transformed a lot from year one to year 2. There's no reason to think that won't continue. His 3-point shot looks pretty good (small sample size problems of course) but he does need to develop some sort of inside game.
He’s fine physically playing the four. There will be some guys that are size mismatches, but so be it.

Like this season, I think that’s where his minutes will come. Well, I guess I could see defensively Milan guarding a 4 and Watson guarding a wing depending on matchup.

People do need to chill about this off-season. ISU is a non-starter for a lot of the betters guys because ISUs needs are limited and specific. If you need the ball in your hands a lot, ISU is not a good choice.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
CJones actually played well all season. He handled the ball and defended great. The one thing he wasn't doing well until that Lipsey sat out was make shots. Once he settled in and got his confidence back, he became the go-to scorer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron