Iowa State at Missouri

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
If you need help, read this article...https://www.upi.com/Archives/1988/01/27/Missouri-Athletic-Director-Jack-Lengyel-scolded-a-group-of/9738570258000/

OF course then there was the time the Missouri center shot himself and when they came to ISU the students had cap guns...couldn't do that today! https://vault.si.com/vault/1981/12/...-then-made-up-a-tale-hes-just-now-living-down
I was one of the guys Norm Stewart went after. The next year he saw us sitting there again and threw sticks of gum at us saying "chew on this instead of me" pretty damn funny

Reactions: RedDog

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It's the f*cking sh!thole state of f*cking Missouri. I'm surprised they even know what the internet is in that miserable, white trash hell hole.
Yikes dude, I have a couple family members in Missouri in the Columbia and Lancaster area. That's a little harsh to generalize everyone like this even though you're about 95% right.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I'm not going to dislike, disagree or dumb anyone's opinions but I am not following the logic that this game doesnt matter? I understand it is a non conference game, obviously doesnt apply to the conference race, but a L is still a L. Does a W against an average P5 school even out of conference not weigh more than a W against a Directional School in November?

Seems to me that Iowa State stands a lot to lose hear if they lose to Missouri. I understand the road could turn and they start to accumulate losses but right now Iowa State is on pace for a 3 or 4 seed. I kind of hope the players have a little better attitude than the "meh" that I'm reading here.
We’re on pace right now for a 1 or 2 seed.

mark82

Jun 19, 2006
Yikes dude, I have a couple family members in Missouri in the Columbia and Lancaster area. That's a little harsh to generalize everyone like this even though you're about 95% right.
My son lives in KC. That area is pretty cool. But he says IQs drop significantly once you get outside the city.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I was one of the guys Norm Stewart went after. The next year he saw us sitting there again and threw sticks of gum at us saying "chew on this instead of me" pretty damn funny

I remember that stuff. At the time I was pissed at the Antlers for doing that stuff. Looking back it is pretty funny stuff. Delaying the team Van by driving slow is next level. Thats right up there with the Miami Hurricanes players calling Bosworth hotel room the night before the Orange bowl.

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006

I didn't take the time to look, but Jon Sunvold in announcing today and I think he played in this game IIRC

Reactions: AlaCyclone

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

I didn't take the time to look, but Jon Sunvold in announcing today and I think he played in this game IIRC

Correct, Sundvold and Stipo both sophomores in 80-81 season.

Reactions: stateofmind

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny

Not sure if he played his sophomore year or not. He was at MU from '79-'83

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Rece the only guy on Gameday taking the Tigers. Figures.

Jay brought up Danny Manning as best player in either conference ever and Rece had to throw 'but that was the Big 8' in there.

He just wants to erase anything that has been done by anyone in the conference unless they lose.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Jon Sundvold is the color guy for today's TV broadcast, so that oughta be objective.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78