Iowa Dual Discussion

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Redding has the offense, but the weight cut is a real problem. Ramazan also with the weight cut but he’s so solid defensively and has picked up some more offense. I like my chances with Ramazan right. I think both are R12 type guys with a chance to place if they manage their weight.
Ramazan looked much improved offensively at the Cyclone Open, and flashed more offense in the Grandview dual. I would personally favor Ramazan over either Teske or Shriever

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Redding has the offense, but the weight cut is a real problem. Ramazan also with the weight cut but he’s so solid defensively and has picked up some more offense. I like my chances with Ramazan right. I think both are R12 type guys with a chance to place if they manage their weight.
I agree. I think if the cut is an issue, that could be the difference against Teske, especially in that place. I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Like you said, I like Redding if his weight is good. But Ram needs to be the guy if Dresser has any questions about Redding. We can't have what happened with Cal Baptist happen again.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Wishful thinking.
Cobe is a 49 wrestling up and is completely unproven. He been Rathjen, another 49, 7-0 in their wrestle offs. I don’t think he’s an odds on favorite although I give him a decent probability to win at carver this weekend

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Another thing of note. Dresser had a great tactical game plan last year to keep things in the margins. If Spencer goes, which I still don’t see any possible way he does, expect a great game plan. He has been known to wear down after 1 hard period and fresh off double ACL surgery.. he won’t have the stamina. I’ve seen too many matches where he gassed to think kysen can’t keep it close with a good plan.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Cobe is a 49 wrestling up and is completely unproven. He been Rathjen, another 49, 7-0 in their wrestle offs. I don’t think he’s an odds on favorite although I give him a decent probability to win at carver this weekend
He just pinned the #12 ranked wrestler and majored another ranked wrestler from army.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
He just pinned the #12 ranked wrestler and majored another ranked wrestler from army.
The army kid is ranked? Where at? And he was losing at the time of his pin. He’s dangerous but again, if you have a great coaching staff who scouts well you can stay out of those positions. It’ll be a 1 to 2 point match either way.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Wasn’t he down 10-1 when he got the pin?

Lukez from Army isn’t very good.
Ranked by Intermat. Currently 31, but was even higher before the loss to Siebrecht.

The score with Artalona was 2-1, then there was 1 exchange where Artalona got a headlock and backs making it 8-1. But then again if Siebrecht doesn’t get the pin he has his own 6 point move making it 8-7. That was anyone’s match and Siebrecht won. Has Kraisser ever beat a ranked opponent?

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
Ranked by Intermat. Currently 31, but was even higher before the loss to Siebrecht.

The score with Artalona was 2-1, then there was 1 exchange where Artalona got a headlock and backs making it 8-1. But then again if Siebrecht doesn’t get the pin he has his own 6 point move making it 8-7. That was anyone’s match and Siebrecht won. Has Kraisser ever beat a ranked opponent?
He was 28th last week.

If you’re going top 33 wrestlers I’m sure he has at some point in his career.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
A bunch of these are. Especially when you factor in that it’s still pretty early in the year and health is such an unknown.
Most likely to least likely from me with Real in but no SL.
Kysen, Carr, Coleman, Bastida, Ramazan, Swiderski, Broderson, Kraisser, Paniro, Sam. I hate that I have Paniro so low but he’s got to prove he can still manage a whole match without lung issues. Carver will be the hardest place and they will eat him alive if he’s not rushing back to center. It’ll be a high paced match with Murin.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
At 174, If we don't come ready to hand fight or get lazy on bottom, stall calls will lose us the match.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron