iOS 13.1.3 Software Updating Problems

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Like post IPhone users, the latest update is out and you should be seeing or have seen an update on your Iphone, Ipad, etc. Wife and I both have the 6s+ Iphones.

I got it Saturday and started the download process on Sunday. Problem is that is still has not completed as of 11 am this morning. It just gives me an "estimated time remaining...." The symbol keeps turning as it is supposed to. Wife updated her phone with no issues.

There is no way of stopping this from what I have seen and read. I did have some WiFi issues and went and reset my network setting. Anyone else ever deal with this kind of issue on a software update download?

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Disclaimer, I'm a tech novice.

I actually had trouble getting the 13.1.2 a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't get enough storage available on my phone to do the install. For some reason the previous OS was occupying 11.2 gb of my 16 gb phone and it said I needed 3.2 gb for the update.

To bypass that, I connected to my laptop and ran the install through iTunes as it only needed 750 mb to update that way. The update stalled out midway through the installation. It seemed I couldn't just revert to the previous OS, and I ended up having to do a factory reset. It gave me a heart attack, but my phone was backed up so I was able to recover everything.

I don't remember if the exact order of events after it crashed during the update. The factory reset may have allowed the new iOS to be installed and then I did the backup recovery, or if I did the recovery then then update.

All I know is the backup recovery went much smoother than I had expected. The scariest part is you set a backup recovery password at some point in the past, and if you don't remember it you are out of luck. You won't get a password recovery option for it. Mine ended up being different than my apple id password. The good thing was, there didn't appear to be a limit of the number of tries to get to the password correct.

Good luck.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think my brother-in-law, who has the iPhone 6, said that iOS 13 isn’t compatible with the 6. Perhaps this is wrong, but it was the reason why he said he planned on upgrading his phones (which it’s been years since he’s done).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron