Improved cell coverage?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If I get half in the bag and can't send my GIF memes I'm out guys.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I have T-Mobile and it was a night and day difference from last year. Couldn't even send/receive texts last year but was able to do so all day, along with loading ESPN up for gamecasts of other games. Have the same phone as last year. Didn't try to stream anything, though.

Reactions: Selmak The Tok'Ra

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We need some kind of cellular or technology based company to just sponsor free wifi in the stadium. Other stadiums have it, would help immensely for reducing the cellular data being consumed in the area if there was wifi to connect to. I don't know how people are able to post the photos to social media during the game they show on the video board when many of us can't even get any apps to load. I texted my wife 4 photos during the game and apparently she didn't get them until the game was over.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
We need some kind of cellular or technology based company to just sponsor free wifi in the stadium. Other stadiums have it, would help immensely for reducing the cellular data being consumed in the area if there was wifi to connect to. I don't know how people are able to post the photos to social media during the game they show on the video board when many of us can't even get any apps to load. I texted my wife 4 photos during the game and apparently she didn't get them until the game was over.
Did you notice the social media promo they put up on the scoreboard - "tweet your seat" or something like that. The screen had room for a few entries but only one person was shown. I wonder if people tried and couldn't submit.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We have US Cellular and I only had one text that did not go through from 9:30 in the morning, until we left the stadium with 6 minutes left in the game.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
My service with Verizon was noticeably better outside the stadium. Inside it was pretty much the same as always.

I noticed there are a lot of new towers throughout the tailgate lots, so I'm assuming this was targeting usage outside of the stadium. If that's the case I would say it was moderately effective.

• Agree
Reactions: Steubs24

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
For the social media aspect, I’m not talking video or streaming, but it’s pretty stupid we don’t have basic Wi-Fi. Being able to post on social media during the game, from the game, I should think woul help our overall presence.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron