Impossible Burger

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mr Janny, May 2, 2019.

1. cyclonespiker33

cyclonespiker33 Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4,321 / 161 / -3
    For a segment of people, it is also to reduce the number of animals killed.

2. Die4Cy

Die4Cy Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic

Jan 2, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,216 / 78 / -1
    FYI, read this over the weekend:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/health/red-meat-heart-cancer.html

Public health officials for years have urged Americans to limit consumption of red meat and processed meats because of concerns that these foods are linked to heart disease, cancer and other ills.

But on Monday, in a remarkable turnabout, an international collaboration of researchers produced a series of analyses concluding that the advice, a bedrock of almost all dietary guidelines, is not backed by good scientific evidence.

If there are health benefits from eating less beef and pork, they are small, the researchers concluded. Indeed, the advantages are so faint that they can be discerned only when looking at large populations, the scientists said, and are not sufficient to tell individuals to change their meat-eating habits.

• Like Like x 2
  3. capitalcityguy

capitalcityguy Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Male
    Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +2,117 / 191 / -12
    Finally, a conclusive study on this!

Study Finds Avoiding Red Meat May Lead To Longer, More Miserable Life

October 2nd, 2019

Careful research showed that those who spent every waking moment trying to avoid the temptation to bite into a delicious bone-in ribeye could gain a few months of life, but they would pretty much hate those extra months of life, as well as the rest of their life, because they weren't eating red meat.

https://babylonbee.com/news/study-finds-avoiding-red-meat-may-lead-to-longer-more-miserable-life

4. Dandy

Dandy Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Future CF Mod
    Western Iowa
    Ratings:
    +12,709 / 451 / -12
  5. Cloneon

Cloneon Active Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Ratings:
    +567 / 40 / -2
    Serendipitously, I bought Beyond Meat stock first day of IPO. It went up 8x before I sold. I sold because of 'negative' propaganda beginning to ease out of the ramifications crowd. That and the P/E was beginning to soar. Price is now at 10x, but I feel that is a measure of 'optimism' in the market for the huge 'anti-meat' crowd regardless of 'why' they're anti-meat. I went to Impossible Foods to see where they stand as a private company. The number of inquiries for possible investment is enormous, but the door is closed as venture capital is substantial. From an investment standpoint, I will not miss this boat when/if they go public if the market is even slightly bull. That and my personal comparison puts 'Impossible' way ahead of 'Beyond'. Just my two cents ;)

6. Cyched

Cyched Minister of Culture
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

May 8, 2009
    Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +21,955 / 354 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. cyclonespiker33

cyclonespiker33 Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4,321 / 161 / -3
    Not Impossible, but Hardees added Beyond Sausage and Beyond Burgers to their menu nationwide at the end of last year. I tried the sausage because I had a coupon and enjoyed it. I'll try the burger at some point too.