ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I only hope the dysentery does not set in before we get halfway there
Oregon-Trail.jpg

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
There's a sh*t ton of Illinois fans around St Louis .... my area. They are vocal and not obnoxious. Haven't had reason to be for a long time.

Reactions: Diggame

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I actually have zero reason to hate Illinois. We don't have much of a history outside of a couple November games against them when they were down, and they basically gifted us Scheelhaase. That said, if they beat us on Thursday I'll hate them forever. Nothing personal, just business.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
No, I get it. I just think that they are getting a little crazy talking about beating UConn and winning a title after a game against freaking Duquesne. I don’t think what they saw in that game translates at all to whatever games they have from here on.
Oh, the horror of a team’s fans overreacting to a game.

Reactions: ClubCy and Frak

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
R
Having lived in Chicago for 14 years...I genuinely 100% think Iowa State has more passionate fans in Chicago than Illinois does.

I met ONE Illinois fan in 14 years living in neighborhoods near downtown. One. (and he was a relative of my wife, not even a random person I met) Pretty much every other regional Big Ten team has a ton more fans in Chicago than IL/NW have. Even when they made their big run in I think 2006 practically nobody in Chicago cares. Actual Chicagoans who are born there are always obsessed with a terrible Bears team and ignore Illinois.

I highly doubt they have more fans that care enough to fly to Boston than ISU. Both will be outnumbered greatly by UConn but no way they have any more fans there than ISU.
Remember when Joel Goodsen (Tom Cruise) had to settle on his last choice and attend the University of Illinois? I do.

1711321366366.gif

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
Illinois and even nationally for that matter, can think whatever they want about our win over Washington State but its disrespectful to WSU. That team is freaking good and is full of absolute grinders who are athletic, tall and hit some TOUGH shots. You don't just luck your way into sweeping Arizona.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
And Purdue. Point being, there is some non-trivial Illini support in that area. Last I knew the local radio station was on the Illini sports network?

Technically I think it’s WLS which is Chicagoland and will make it down to Kankakee (it made it to the town I grew up in which was 15 miles north of Kankakee) but people there probably are more interested in Olivet Nazarene University than Illinois.

Regardless, majority of illinois, especially those close to any major airports, don’t generally give 2 hoots about U of Illinois athletics. It’s a pro sports state more than anything.

Reactions: seadog

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
They haven't seen anything like this. I really don't think this will be close. Need to get more minutes out of Ward. If we play the 3 guards with Ward and rotate the rest they won't beat us.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
They haven't seen anything like this. I really don't think this will be close. Need to get more minutes out of Ward. If we play the 3 guards with Ward and rotate the rest they won't beat us.
True, but they also have an offense we haven’t faced a lot of. Never underestimate a team that can get hot from the field, especially deep, while our defense double teams. It’s the antidote to a collapsing defense.

We will need Milan, Curtis, or somebody else to step up the scoring compared to yesterday.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Some on that forum felt they played some pretty good defense against Duquesne. Torvik gave them a 98.2 adjD yesterday. For reference we had 6 games this year worse than that performance.
After that great performance on D they jumped from 93 to 92 on kp.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
True, but they also have an offense we haven’t faced a lot of. Never underestimate a team that can get hot from the field, especially deep, while our defense double teams. It’s the antidote to a collapsing defense.

We will need Milan, Curtis, or somebody else to step up the scoring compared to yesterday.
Exhibit A: BYU in Provo.