IKEA

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Grocery store checker... "Did you find everything?" "What the **** you going to do if I say No. Spare me." "Yep,"

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Yeah self checkouts are the future. I've noticed the Hy-Vee's here in Dubuque have like 15 self check stations compared to 5 person-manned ones now. Turning into Walmart, which I'm sure just tickles the boomers even more.

It's just a matter of time before retail is all like Amazon Go stores.

No cashiers at all.

Retail workers gets their asses kicked for no good reason. Day after day and twice a day during the holidays

Guess I'm lucky. At the old record store we could just leave a customer standing if they acted stupid

After 5 to 10 minutes of a customer telling me to find them Kenny O....I could point at the store and say 'good luck finding it'

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The only reason I would ever want to is because then people couldn’t block me.

Whaaaaat? ;)

Not related at all to pants, but to the subject. I think the most ridiculous part of being a mod is debating a very particular subset of posters. If you beat them soundly in a debate, they start trying to pull out a “you shouldn’t debate because you are a mod” or “you only beat me because you threatened to ban me” cards. Both of which are entirely untrue, but some people can’t just nut up. You get accused of moderating off of personal politics or opinions, which we grossly attempt not to do, taking large measures to not do so. It is a cheap shot to undermine.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron