How to make Farmageddon a trophy game?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Would it be animal cruelty to have a live stock trophy? Since we are both big time AG schools I’d assume k-State also has a good stock barn on campus. Start with a heifer and when she is ready to retire the 2 vet schools can select one of her calves to be the new “trophy”. Is it any different than teams having living mascots?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
There are so many easy ag-related things they could have done, it is kind of amazing they've never had a trophy. How do we not have decades of photos of teams planting the Farmaggedon Pitchfork into the opponents field after victories?

• Agree
Reactions: ViktorLuzor

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
There are so many easy ag-related things they could have done, it is kind of amazing they've never had a trophy. How do we not have decades of photos of teams planting the Farmaggedon Pitchfork into the opponents field after victories?
Considering the mad scramble to claim the trophy after a game, I'm not sure a trophy with multiple sharp pointed ends would be a good idea.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Would it be animal cruelty to have a live stock trophy? Since we are both big time AG schools I’d assume k-State also has a good stock barn on campus. Start with a heifer and when she is ready to retire the 2 vet schools can select one of her calves to be the new “trophy”. Is it any different than teams having living mascots?
I actually really like this idea, we should do this

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Seems like a plow would make the most sense. It can also be hefted by the players, unlike a tractor.