How many have ever been contacted for a poll?

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Ok so follow up question for the ones that have more than once are you registered with a party and if so which one ?

Been registered R, D and I. Currently D.

All it is, is answering unknown phone numbers during an election cycle

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
D.

But there's other reasons related to family that I have to answer unknown numbers, so it happens.

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
I've done about 5 live phone polls this cycle. One of them seemed to be a right leaning poll based on the questions. Asked about favorable opinions on Cindy Axne voting record about certain things and had 'scary' terms for some of them, ie. leftist agenda. Just did one last week asking about pres, senate, house races. I think im registered as a Dem, but don't know for sure.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I wouldn’t know. I don’t answer phone calls of numbers I don’t recognize this time of year (or ever, really).
Do ever wonder how many times Publishers Clearinghouse has tried to call you about winning and your stubbornness prevented a lifetime of luxury and security for you and your family? You’re selfish

• Haha
Reactions: jdoggivjc

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok so follow up question for the ones that have more than once are you registered with a party and if so which one ?

I’ve been a registered Democrat, republican and independent all this year. I like Caucasus that have competition. I will go to the one that is most competitive.

• Funny
Reactions: deadeyededric

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Do ever wonder how many times Publishers Clearinghouse has tried to call you about winning and your stubbornness prevented a lifetime of luxury and security for you and your family? You’re selfish

It's worth it if I don't have to pick up a phone call that ends with "I'm Donald Trump and I approve this waste of your time".

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I've done about 5 live phone polls this cycle. One of them seemed to be a right leaning poll based on the questions. Asked about favorable opinions on Cindy Axne voting record about certain things and had 'scary' terms for some of them, ie. leftist agenda. Just did one last week asking about pres, senate, house races. I think im registered as a Dem, but don't know for sure.

Push polls like that are something David Young's campaign loves to do. I've never gotten polls like that involving other candidates. One of many reasons i wouldnt vote for him.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Sounds like some here may be confusing ads as polls, we get plenty of calls and texts that are ads. To answer the OP, none of us in my house have ever been polled.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

It all depends. When I was a registered republican, I got contacted a LOT for internal polling. I get text requests for polls daily at this point, I've not noticed at all any sort of political swing to their questions or anything. I'm a registered democrat now.

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
I have done probably 5-10 in the last year. I enjoy giving them internally inconsistent answers. I don’t think the pollsters can fathom that I like some dems and some republicans and that my answers to their questions don’t align nicely to either party. Because I am in Iowa and I like our first in the nation status, I feel a strange sense of duty to do them when asked before the caucuses . But if it starts to be a really bad push poll I end it.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I get a lot of calls at home and on my cell. Once is a while I will answer when I am expecting a call back from someone, and it will be a poll, and I will hang up. Basically it is no one's business who I vote for. I would love to have a way to block all the junk mail too. Got an add on non-recyclable plastic sheet from one candidates last week. Not a good choice.