How do you take your cob

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
_j2cpYsYX-AjKQmcjVzotXjO-HoiTa6MHArfdlNsV2L8qgIvDpnbLBGTKzyKvghpHvWSndM2xO0awxDM1i0GqnZjKxNQCTBQNHTNBsCp_GjWSy1B6eAzmXs9kr4IantR_HN7Hhw_aEdx9XhdSg

I hate letting people down, but I have to stay true to myself.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
People are out here just microwaving corn?

All the time. Cut off most of the shank, cut just the brown silks off. Microwave for 5 minutes, turn over and 5 more minutes. Cut the shank end off where along with where the husks attach. Take a towel pull the all the husks off at once on the silk end.

You get a lot of flavor as it cooks in its own the husks. Faster and cleanest way I know of doing it.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Here is my reasoning:

I put a lot of butter on my corn, and I am continually rotating it so it doesn’t just drip off the corn. That’s why I eat it in columns. If you eat it in rows, the butter will run off into the already eaten space. Also, don’t take diet advice from me.
You are eating it too slow if it drips!:) Then suck the butter out of the eaten part.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Store or stand bought or hawk style and stolen from your neighbors plot?
People are out here just microwaving corn?

I pulled a pot of boiling water onto my arm as a toddler. I am like Frankenstein and fire when it comes to boiling water. Boiling water bad. Nuclear living good. Purdy buttons. Push make go hot!

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
After seeing a random youtube video, threw it on the grill husks and all until husks turn dark and best damn corn i've EVER had.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Grill corn w/ husks until done. Shuck corn. Slather with mayo, crumbly Mexican cheese, and Slap Ya Mama. You're welcome.

Otherwise I also grew up with the boiled corn method or wrap in wax paper and microwave method. All are delicious with butter and salt.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
A friend of mine husks it, butters it, wraps it in a wet paper towel, then wraps it in foil and grills it.

I'll give him credit, it cooked evenly and was pretty damn good, but I didn't notice a significant difference in that and boiling it to justify the extra work.
Your friend must really enjoy eating soggy buttered paper towels.

Help Support Us

Become a patron