Houston

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I'm going to be in Houston all day tomorrow. Need something to do from the morning to the afternoon. Going to the Rockets game at night. Suggestions on places to eat. TIA.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I'm going to be in Houston all day tomorrow. Need something to do from the morning to the afternoon. Going to the Rockets game at night. Suggestions on places to eat. TIA.
Just as well do a seafood place. When I was in Houston I ate at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. There are many places around town- I ate at the one near the Galleria. Had a good experience there- good food.... try the alligator.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Last edited:

cyeah

May 23, 2006
Houston, TX

Depending on where you are you can hit the pappadeuaxs as suggested. There is also Taste of Texas along the Katy Freeway (great steaks).

If strip clubs are your thing I am told Gold Cup is the bomb.

Brick House off 290 has good burgers. If clubs aren't your thing but you like Hooters there is a burger joint on the south side called Twin Peaks Twin Peaks : Home - very uh "exciting" place to eat.

The Rockets suck by the way.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
For the bowl game I remember two good places to eat. Fogo de Chao and some BBQ place real close to the stadium.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Just as well do a seafood place. When I was in Houston I ate at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. There are many places around town- I ate at the one near the Galleria. Had a good experience there- good food.... try the alligator.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Huge fan on Pappadeaux. Near Reliant (288 and 610), there is a Pappadeaux and also a Pappasito's. Owned by the same people, different fare. Pappadeaux is Cajun, Pappasito's is Mexican.

Not sure where you're going in the city, but you might check out the Kemah Boardwalk over on the east side of town. Lots of Landry's food there - Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry's Seafood House, etc. Plus the rollercoaster and other amusement park rides. It's not huge, but it's fairly close to me, so I hit it up fairly frequently.

Downtown, there's House of Blues and Hard Rock Cafe, as well as some places at Discovery Green (which is fairly close to the Toyota Center).

Fogo De Chao is also phenomenal. If somebody else is footing the bill, definitely hit that place up! $50/plate for all the meat you can eat. That's on Westheimer near the Galleria, if I remember correctly.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
press_release_distribution_0161770_27764.jpg

:jimlad:.. kinda. After watching so many whataburger ads during big 12 play im kinda craving it.

Last edited:

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
What to do: If you like art at all, go the Impressionist exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Also, check out their permanent collection.

Where to eat:

Mama Ninfa's on Navigation, right by downtown. The original. Best authentic TexMex in the city. Period.

Hubcap Grill, downtown. Best Burger in Houston.

Dinner: Eddie V's on Kirby. Best seafood/steak/sides in Texas. Period.

Danton's on Montrose near museum district. Authentic gulf coast seafood. Fresh. Live jazz at times too.

Cafe Pita, way out west, 12000 Westheimer. Featured on Diners, drive-ins and dives. Amazing authentic Bosnian food. Best surprise dinner in the city. Unique, and fantastic.

Ragin' Cajun has great Louisiana style food, including crawfish boil.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need help finding the places. Houston has great food.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Options aplenty.

The rodeo is in town, if that's your thing. You can easily kill a day doing that, and the light rail runs from Reliant to downtown. You can park near Reliant and hitch a ride downtown, to avoid dealing with traffic. Food options are abound. Any member of Pappas or Landry's families is a safe bet. If you like Vietnamese, try Kim Son on 59 and 45 (around 5 blocks from the Toyota Center).

If alcohol is your thing, pick up some food at a takeout place and hit the St. Arnold brewery. They open at 11 and have tours at noon, 1, and 2. $13 will get you admission, an upgrade to a pint glass, and 4 beer tokens. Gotta get there early if you want a seat though. If alcohol is REALLY your thing, go from St. Arnolds to downtown, find a parking spot (lots open on a Saturday afternoon), pay through the end of enforcement, and head to Flying Saucer on Main and Capitol. Once you get downtown, the Toyota Center (and all the entertainment) is within walking distance.

cyeah

May 23, 2006
Houston, TX
What to do: If you like art at all, go the Impressionist exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Also, check out their permanent collection.

Where to eat:

Mama Ninfa's on Navigation, right by downtown. The original. Best authentic TexMex in the city. Period.

Hubcap Grill, downtown. Best Burger in Houston.

Dinner: Eddie V's on Kirby. Best seafood/steak/sides in Texas. Period.

Danton's on Montrose near museum district. Authentic gulf coast seafood. Fresh. Live jazz at times too.

Cafe Pita, way out west, 12000 Westheimer. Featured on Diners, drive-ins and dives. Amazing authentic Bosnian food. Best surprise dinner in the city. Unique, and fantastic.

Ragin' Cajun has great Louisiana style food, including crawfish boil.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need help finding the places. Houston has great food.

Do NOT go to the Rajin Cajun thinking you are going to get good cajun food. We went once and it is horrible. Of course my wife is a coon *** so I am used to the real thang.

I did forget the Rodeo was in town - that could be considered a must see (better than the Rockets or are they called Rockettes now?)

bayt

Mar 19, 2011
hmm.. so many things I had in mind but it is much better if it came from an expert and commentators. :yes: try this one Houston: Space City, it contains alot of info that will help you find good food. :)