Honeymoon destinations?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Cinque Terre, Italy. end/thread.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I would not go to Rio for a honeymoon. Like Jamaica, it's quite a dangerous place if you do not have a guide. Dirty, too.
Also, you'd probably have to get a new credit card after using it there.

It's worth the trip, yes, but in an organized group.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Doesn't matter where you go as long as it has a nice hotel room and maybe a nice restaurant. Outside of that, I'm not sure what you would do on a honeymoon.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Maui. Beach, surf, hike in the mountains, road to Hana and dinner at Momma's Fish House.

You have to go.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Bora Bora
Get one of the over the water bungalows. You can dive right into the water from your deck and snorkel around coral reefs in perfectly warm water. It's the most beautiful place I've been and I'm well traveled. I've been to most of Europe, Hong Kong, Thailand, Peru, Mexico and some of the Carribean.

Second best place is Railay Bay near Krabi, Thailand.

purify

Apr 1, 2010
St. Joseph, MO
Bora Bora
Get one of the over the water bungalows. You can dive right into the water from your deck and snorkel around coral reefs in perfectly warm water. It's the most beautiful place I've been and I'm well traveled. I've been to most of Europe, Hong Kong, Thailand, Peru, Mexico and some of the Carribean.

Second best place is Railay Bay near Krabi, Thailand.

I just had my honeymoon in Bora Bora in November. It was unbelievable. Better then I expected, likely the best destination in the world, and I'm also well traveled.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
St. Lucious is awesome. I've done some international traveling and the carribean. St. Lucia is my favorite by far!

cycloneman42

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Iowa City, IA
For what you're looking for, I'd add another vote for Cinque Terre and also maybe a few nights down on the Amalfi coast/Capri area. Also Maui and St Lucia would be awesome for you. I've never been to Bora Bora but fwiw some of our friends (very active people) went there and Tahiti and were a little disappointed with how boring it was. They said it was stunningly beautiful but very little to do. And very expensive.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
Phuket, Thailand

This is where the movie "The Beach" was filmed and it is unbelievable...

images

Chitownclone2

May 13, 2010
The Mountain Biking in New Zealand has always been something I'd love to go over and partake in! Not to mention the wine, beer and some nice golf. Kind of a far off Hawaii in terms of ocean and elevation in such a short distance. Rio, never been, but have friends who have and was thinking about it with the WC coming up and it sounds like a s.hole and dangerous!

Schfinkter

Dec 3, 2008
Dandy's House
Bumping this thread... looking into booking our honeymoon

Right now were looking at Riveria Maya, just because the costs seem to be a little bit more palatable... but we're open to suggestions... I'm wanting to stay under $4K total for the trip, but want it to be nice and memorable.. TIA

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Bumping this thread... looking into booking our honeymoon

Right now were looking at Riveria Maya, just because the costs seem to be a little bit more palatable... but we're open to suggestions... I'm wanting to stay under $4K total for the trip, but want it to be nice and memorable.. TIA

I think the bolded part is key, wink wink

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron