Homicide at Arrowhead Stadium

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm not condoning what the thief did but you really think that since he was stealing he should be killed?
Not so much that he should be killed, more of an I guess that's what can happen kind of thing.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I wore my Packers gear to the game at Arrowhead 2 years ago and had a great time. All the fans seemed pretty friendly to me. I highly doubt the death was over the game today.

Packers aren't a hated rival like the Broncos and Raiders. I've heard horror stories from Broncos fans who have went there

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Packers aren't a hated rival like the Broncos and Raiders. I've heard horror stories from Broncos fans who have went there
True. I did kinda figure that everyone just hated the Packers though. I was surprised nobody ever yelled anything towards me even walking through the tailgating area or in the stadium.

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa
Not really surprised. I went to the Raiders-Chiefs game there in 2009 (when both teams were terrible) and got treated like absolute garbage because I was wearing a Raiders jersey. I was minding my own business with a group of my friends who were all Chiefs fans and still had food/beer thrown at me and a full beer dumped on me in the stadium.

Seriously? How is this similar to murder? KC news stations are saying they are ruling it a "suspicious death" right now, not homicide (though obviously that could change).

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
They updated the earlier link and made it sound like the guy just kind of fell over and died after the struggle with no signs of harmful injury.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Seriously? How is this similar to murder? KC news stations are saying they are ruling it a "suspicious death" right now, not homicide (though obviously that could change).
Because when you see fist fights and 'death threats' being made in the tailgating lots, it's really not that surprising. Opposing fans getting bullied for just wearing their team colors, just imagine what would happen if you got some boisterous opposing fans talking **** after a game? Especially in a high stakes match up like today was.

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa
Because when you see fist fights and 'death threats' being made in the tailgating lots, it's really not that surprising. Opposing fans getting bullied for just wearing their team colors, just imagine what would happen if you got some boisterous opposing fans talking **** after a game? Especially in a high stakes match up like today was.

If there were death threats, then yes, I could see where you are coming from. Maybe I live under a rock but I haven't heard about this before?? As far as your story goes, I've heard the same or worse coming from Iowa City, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be "surprised" if someone was murdered after and ISU/Iowa game. Either way, I'm just pointing out that you are quick to jump to conclusions on this when authorities involved in the situation don't even call it a homicide yet.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
If there were death threats, then yes, I could see where you are coming from. Maybe I live under a rock but I haven't heard about this before?? As far as your story goes, I've heard the same or worse coming from Iowa City, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be "surprised" if someone was murdered after and ISU/Iowa game. Either way, I'm just pointing out that you are quick to jump to conclusions on this when authorities involved in the situation don't even call it a homicide yet.
I'm not surprised someone died just because what I've witnessed in the lots at KC. It was really a matter of time. It could be ruled an accidental death, but there was a reported struggle and someone died. It's just not surprising to me based off some of the behavior I've seen.

There are a lot of similar things incidents between what I described and the ISU/IA rivalry but neither Ames nor Iowa City are top 10 in the nation for murders per 100,000 people like Kansas City is and top 15 in the nation for violent crimes committed.

And before Chiefs come in here to bash me for bringing up the crime rate in KC, I'm a Royals fan, pretty much grew up in KC, and my sister lives there. So yes, I know where I'm coming from.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I wore my Packers gear to the game at Arrowhead 2 years ago and had a great time. All the fans seemed pretty friendly to me. I highly doubt the death was over the game today.

Me too and we were decked out in Bronco gear. On our way to the stadium we were asked to join a tailgate with a bunch of Chief fans. It was actually one of the best times I have had at an opposing teams stadium...what a shame.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Not alot has changed ... Went to the game this year, wearing a raiders shirt, and was heckled all day, including a beer thrown in my direction ... Minded my own business the whole game and was trying to enjoy it with my son ... Will never go back ... Stay classy chief fans

Sounds a lot like Hok fans

Apr 19, 2006

Had a great time at the game today/tonight. Of course you have your drunks for both sides yelling stupid stuff. Even noticed a guy walking out with part of his seat. Problem I have his the beer muscles after the game. Guy just sees a Bronco fan and corners him wanting to beat him down. I thought they were joking at first then things got pretty testy. Told the drunk to move on as I was talking the other guy bolted the other way. then the same drunk started **** to the next bronco fan.

Just a cussing, fumbling, drooling mess of a fan! We have our kids with us with one on my back and wife decides to say something. Two start exchanging words and I'm like what the ef! My wife is picking a fight with drunk fan right in front of our two kids with one on my shoulders. He came at her once I shoved him and told him to stay down. Let him know if he wanted to get up he would have to apologize to my wife and kids. Then he could be on his way. I just hate people who don't think of the kids at events like this.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
Not alot has changed ... Went to the game this year, wearing a raiders shirt, and was heckled all day, including a beer thrown in my direction ... Minded my own business the whole game and was trying to enjoy it with my son ... Will never go back ... Stay classy chief fans

I will bet you can go to any stadium and get heckled for wearing the visiting team colors. I have heard similar stories from people going to Bronco games and getting beer dumped on them for wearing Chiefs colors. And I really doubt that Oakland will welcome with open arms someone wearing a Chiefs jersey,... so how about "Stay Classy Drunken Football Fan" for whatever team you cheer for.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I'm not condoning what the thief did but you really think that since he was stealing he should be killed?

Normal circumstances, no, I don't think he "should" be killed. He took a chance in robbing a car, things went bad, there was a struggle, he died, I don't have a problem with that. Better him than the people he was stealing from.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I went to a Cowboys v. Redskins game in D.C. 5 years or so ago. I wasn't really a fan of either, but it was a pretty big game at the time so I decided to go. The way grown *** adults treated each other in that stadium was far beyond anything I've ever seen at an Iowa v. Iowa State game. It made an Iowa v. Iowa State game look like Sunday Mass.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Won't be long till this filters down to the college ranks.

Til what filters down to the college ranks?

Hilarious how many people don't read the story. Everybody jumping to conclusions and assuming it is a fan fight rather than actually read what happens.