Homebuilders in Des Moines area

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BirdOfWar, Jul 17, 2017.

1. BirdOfWar

BirdOfWar Active Member

May 3, 2010
    Ankeny, IA
    I was wondering which builders any of you might have had good or bad experiences with? We'll be building a house at some point so any feedback is appreciated. I've looked at a lot of the builders sites and reviewed floor plans and although there are quite a few plans we like we haven't narrowed it down much.

Here are some of the bigger/popular builders I've heard of. Any specific experiences with any of these builders?
    Remington Homes
    Orton Homes
    Happe Homes
    Greenland Homes

• Like Like x 1
  2. chadly82

chadly82 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I highly recommend checking out Drake Homes. Depending on your price range i recommend them and Stanbrough as well. Team USA mortgage provides excellent options for the loan process too.

3. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Male
    Being awesome
    Clive
  4. chadly82

chadly82 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I knew nothing about Drake homes until recently too but as soon as i came across them i was very impressed.

5. clonebb

clonebb Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    If you want quality, look for a builder that only does 25 or fewer homes per year as they typically are more hands on.

Hard to answer your question without a price range.

Look at some existing homes when possible.

6. BirdOfWar

BirdOfWar Active Member

May 3, 2010
    Ankeny, IA
    Based on the prices I see from the houses listed on their website, they are out of our price range.

7. JP4CY

JP4CY Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Sommerset
    Nice looking house. I like everything about the floorplan but I would maybe like the garage walk thru door to open into the kitchen directly. Not trying to be nit picky but I like it.

8. Zenthar

Zenthar Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Currently building one with meadowbrooks and have had a pleaseant experience so far.