Hoiberg to Huskers

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Nebraska basketball is not a rival. Greg Flippin' McDermott beat Nebrasketball like a drum.
It’s a rival for resources. If Fred is fine getting Prohm’s permission on recruits and interviews/appearances in Iowa, sure, GBR

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Don't we usually play Nebraska in that "closed door" scrimmage before the season? Can we go ahead and make that a public scrimmage if Fred goes to Nebraska?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Monte Morris Georges Niang Matt Thomas Naz Long sucked

Apparently I should have used the sarcasm pirate. Plenty of people on here have bagged CFH’s recruiting but it is odd that those same people are now concerned about him taking a job so close to Iowa State.

Reactions: CycloneVet

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I see Nebraska finally paid off Bo Pelini's contract. I guess they feel it's time to make some more severance payments and overpay for a current coach again.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
I can imagine what will happen. Fred will bring a bunch of low character thugs into Lincoln to get a jumpstart. #wedoittherighrway@ISU

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
The Nba season doesn’t end until like June or July. There would be no college positions available by then.

I know that, but my point was that was supposedly his dream of coaching in the NBA. There will jobs open and the NBA regular season is over in early April. Most likely the teams in the playoffs won't be firing their coach. Like I said before maybe he got his fill of the NBA at least for now.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Do you think that the next coach at Nebraska wouldn't recruit Iowa when there are good players?

If they were going to spend 4 million, they were going to get somebody good.
Exactly the point. Whether you want to call them a rival or not, they’re going to be a local competitor. With Fred, even more so.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Fred has a Rolodex with the number of every gm in the league in it, remember?

Kids want to play where they think they have the best chance to play professionally. Fred is a lot more glamorous than Steve Prohm, even though Prohm has done miracles getting Nader are Burton contracts.

A rolodex of GM's who can't give him any kind of a job?

If he is so deep in the league then why is he considering a job at nebraska?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron