Hinterland 2022 Speculation Thread

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I've been going since it started, and while last year was a bit of a cluster, these responses always make me chuckle. They were coming off a cancelled year the year prior and there were still attendance restrictions at the time they opened tickets. Once things seemed to be settling down COVID wise they opened up a ton more tickets and I believe sold more than they could handle. Was it ideal? No, but they added another day and updated/changed some things to make it better this year. It's quickly becoming the largest and most anticipated festival in Iowa so they are bound to have challenges, but they are addressing these and it will continue to be an amazing experience.

WHAT’S NEW IN 2022?
2022 level up alert. Hinterlanders, we’ve got:
  • More music. We’ve expanded to four days!
  • More parking, with triple the total amount of space from last year.
  • More food vendors – and more space around food vendors.
  • More bathrooms.
  • More staff to help reduce lines.
  • Shuttle service from Des Moines. It’s back!
  • A new layout of all campgrounds.
  • A new structure to all camping pass types.
  • More space for VIP camping and parking, plus VIP food vouchers good for any food vendor and new food vendors inside the VIP area.
  • New and improved Glamping packages.
  • View the updated festival grounds map.

Ok. You’re telling me the folks running this festival year after year didn’t know they were overselling the venue? All this after advertising up to the very end that crowds would be limited due to Covid? It was a purposeful money grab that sacrificed the experience for a decent amount of paying attendees. It was absolutely not an “amazing experience”. The sound quality was also absolute garbage for a music festival.

If it’s fixed, I’ll try it again. Last year sucked.

• Dumb
Reactions: CychiatricWard

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Ok. You’re telling me the folks running this festival year after year didn’t know they were overselling the venue? All this after advertising up to the very end that crowds would be limited due to Covid? It was a purposeful money grab that sacrificed the experience for a decent amount of paying attendees. It was absolutely not an “amazing experience”. The sound quality was also absolute garbage for a music festival.

If it’s fixed, I’ll try it again. Last year sucked.

I had another great time last year so to each their own I guess. Things could’ve certainly been better and I was frustrated at some of the things, but they are looking to address it this year.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Glass Animals put on a helluva show last night, damn. First time seeing them live and heard they were killer, and did not disappoint. To be honest, going to be hard to top the energy they had. Dead tired this morning and still two days of this to go in this heat!

Yesterday was so god damn hot. Of course wanted to see Durand Jones and it was at the literal hottest point of the day, lol. Wasn’t as bad when the sun started to go down. Good sets yesterday but the energy was certainly lacking.

Reactions: Angie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron