Hello from Fort Worth!

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
95413-ron-swanson-what-the-hell-just-RT4g.gif

whitehispanicfrog

Oct 23, 2017
Fort Worth
Thanks for the post and link to the TCU board. It's hard not to be impressed by what Patterson has done down there.

HCGMFP is a genius on the defensive side of the ball. He coaches the D and lets his offensive coaches run the plays when the Horned Frogs have the ball.

Here’s a great article dissecting TCU’s defensive scheme/philosophy, kinda lengthy but will give you a feel for TCU’s defense:

http://grantland.com/features/hard-knocks-playing-defense-with-tcus-gary-patterson/

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My family history is with the Tea Sippers & Goat Ropers (Longhorns & Aggies). Tortilla tossers is a new one for me. :)

Side note - first five years of my life were spent in Ft Worth, and I spent summers in the Hill country after that. I spent a lot of time playing with the little critters, but I've never known them as horned frogs, or even horned lizards.

To me, they will always and forever be Horny Toads. :D

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
HCGMFP is a genius on the defensive side of the ball. He coaches the D and lets his offensive coaches run the plays when the Horned Frogs have the ball.

Here’s a great article disceting TCU’s defensive scheme/philosophy, kinda lengthy but will give you a feel for TCU’s defense:

http://grantland.com/features/hard-knocks-playing-defense-with-tcus-gary-patterson/

Good read. His 4-2-5 defense has done well combating the spread. Since ISU went to a three, sometimes four, man front, we've done a good job eliminating big plays. I foresee a trend in that direction until teams adjust and go to a more traditional offense instead of relying on the spread.

I'm a little concerned about how we match up offensively versus your defense. We certainly have playmakers, but TCU is very disciplined. I don't see TCU making a lot of mistakes and beating themselves or giving up field position. We are going to have to earn every yard.

If both teams bring their A games, I think we could be in for a very entertaining game.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
. . .
Side note, when I was a teen I lived in West Des Moines for a few years in the mid 90s, and in June 1994 my high school buddies and I went up to Cyclone Stadium (hadn't been renamed yet) in Ames for the Pink Floyd concert.
. . .

My parents went to that show. I was pretty pissed I couldn't go.

. . .
One small critique before we get started, if you went to the PF concert in Ames and have fond memories, you didn't do it right. I went but can't remember a thing, can I borrow some?
. . .

. . .
I was also at that Pink Floyd show in '94, BTW. Maybe you remember me. I was the drunk guy with a bunch of other drunk people.
I, along with not-nearly-enough-friends, cleaned the stadium after that concert.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
What is the back story on the mechanical/steam frog, with the fog horn? Does that thing have a name? Got to be the strangest sideline item in all sports.

Reactions: whitehispanicfrog

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron