HCG diet....

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Very different things true - but not mutually exclusive. I WAS on subQ HCG as part of hormone replacement therapy which included testosterone cream (prescribed by a doctor, compounded at a local pharm, and paid for by insurance if anyone doubts the authenticity) but am now taking it "off label" and in different doses/ways for weight-loss purposes (again doctor, pharm and health reimbursement account). HCG will not make you lose weight but HCG allows me to feel great while on a greatly reduced calorie diet. I'm coming up on 2 weeks and feel great, have great energy, have quit blood pressure meds as well as reflux meds and have zero hunger. My bodyfat percentage is decreasing (based on my ironman scale) and I'm eating more green veggies than most others on here. In short - its working for me and is a great way to jumpstart/restart dietary changes.

I guess it would just be easier to eat less and exercise more, but for SOME of us its like telling a bald guy to just grow hair, or a short guy to just get taller.
So are you going to continue to eat 800 calories a day forever?

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Seems to me this "diet" would do more damage than being a fat ***.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I did Atkins a few years ago and it worked, but put all back on. That diet's just not healthy for you long term and the one you're describing doesn't sound sustainable either.

I've dropped about 20 pounds in the last 2 to 3 months. This time around am eating smaller portions size and limiting calories. Have not eliminated Carbs.

Exercise has to be part of the equation in my opinion. You have to get the heart pumping if you want to do some good things for blood pressure and blood work. I've been working out 6 days a week about an hour a day. 3 days of interval training on a bike and lifting weight on the off days.

It hasn't been that hard(however have been a little off the wagon the last few days...). I've hit a little plateau, but want to drop another 10 to 15 pounds and hope to get that accomplished in the next 2 to 3 months.

I'm 43 and understand your pain, but you need to throw some exercise into this in my humble opinion.

Last edited: