Harold Nichols open

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I don't see anything on Trackwrestling for it. I did see that Minnesota is going to Fargo on Saturday, so they won't be there. And Nebraska is going to a tournament in Wyoming, so they won't either. Looks like it won't be as many D1 schools there as last year.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Here's what D1CollegeWrestling lists:

November 8th-Harold Nichols Cyclone Open (Indiana, Iowa State, Missouri) @ Ames, Iowa

If Missouri sends their whole lineup that could mean a Gadson/Cox finals match. That alone would be worth the price of admission.

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Didn't get hurt, just ran out of gas. Not sure if it had to do with weight cutting or lack of training but I Doubt they want him wrestling Gadson this early in the year as out of shape as he looked.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Am really excited about the schedule this year, with 3 home tilts in January and another 3 in February. This gives the program a real chance to built interest and momentum.

Downside there is only the Harold Nichols before the New Year. And I'm very frustrated by the lack of any information on Cyclones.com about the tourney: start times, who will be there, etc. Anything to attract interest and profile for our only chance to see our guys in action this semester. Did I miss something here?

snaedw

Oct 17, 2008
Majority of the Grand View wrestlers will be there also. Should be good.

GarettKiley

Oct 16, 2014
9am start time. Here are a few teams competing: ISU, Missouri, Indiana, UI-Edwardsville, UNK, Concordia, Northern Illinois, Iowa Lakes, Iowa Central, Iowa Western, Grand View. Some of those schools may just send a few. There will also be more schools that I cannot recall right now.

RossIAwrestle

Mar 27, 2014
Iowa is sending RS Paddock, Ryan, St. John, Lembeck, Lambotte, Gross, Bowman, Evans and Stoll
if it means anything to you guys

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think this is the 1st time Iowa has sent guys to Nichols open in a while

RossIAwrestle

Mar 27, 2014
I am interested to see what both true freshmen at 141 and 165 do (for ISU and Iowa). Grand View has some pretty solid guys at that and I am interested how they compete against each other right now. Those seem like the biggest battles.

I suppose I am interested in Stoll against ISU HWTs and see how Bowman does against someone like Lelund just to see where they are.

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Good to hear Iowa is sending there redshirts I wasn't to impressed with the compitition.

RossIAwrestle

Mar 27, 2014
Good to hear Iowa is sending there redshirts I wasn't to impressed with the compitition.

It at least makes it a little bit (if only a fraction) better. I am just excited to see some potential Iowa/ISU battles. I don't want to wait until the end of the month!

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
This is from Cyclones.com

"*Head coach Kevin Jackson is in his sixth season at the helm of the Iowa State wrestling program. Jackson and company will likely rest starters as the team gets ready for dual season."

Do starters normally sit this one out to get ready for the dual season?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Not sure I agree considering our lack of qualifying tournament. Need 17 D1 matches & a 70% win percentage

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
This is from Cyclones.com

"*Head coach Kevin Jackson is in his sixth season at the helm of the Iowa State wrestling program. Jackson and company will likely rest starters as the team gets ready for dual season."

Do starters normally sit this one out to get ready for the dual season?
We always have starters go for this. Jackson may rest a few individuals, like John Meeks, who are a litle dinged up as a precaution but I would expect most starters and backups to wrestle.