Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Still think a few more jerseys need to go to the rafters in Hilton

Marcus Fizer
Jamal Tinsley
Melvin Ejim
Georges Niang
Monte Morris

Can anyone make a case why these guys don’t deserve it? Btw you don’t need to have graduated to have your jersey hung. Grayer has his hung before he graduated

AllN4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2010
This has been covered several times and Pollard has gone over the criteria in place set by the ISU Letterwinners Club.

1. Graduate
2. All American
3. ISU Hall of Fame

The guys above only have 2 of the 3.

I agree they deserve to be up there, but this is the reason they are not.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
It sucks for Melvin that right after a fantastic career we had 2-3 of the best Cyclones of all time lace it up. He had a great senior year, but Georges had a great 4 years and Monte 3.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
This has been covered several times and Pollard has gone over the criteria in place set by the ISU Letterwinners Club.

1. Graduate
2. All American
3. ISU Hall of Fame

The guys above only have 2 of the 3.

I agree they deserve to be up there, but this is the reason they are not.

I think it is ********. I we need to celebrate more and not less. ISU Hall of Fame? Good gracious, the wait period for that is long enough. Bring those guys in now and celebrate them, while the athletes that came to Iowa State partially because of them are there to see it.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think it is ********. I we need to celebrate more and not less. ISU Hall of Fame? Good gracious, the wait period for that is long enough. Bring those guys in now and celebrate them, while the athletes that came to Iowa State partially because of them are there to see it.
I’m pretty sure that Niang and Morris are getting celebrated aplenty while the guys who came to Iowa State partially because of them are there to see it. They don’t need a jersey in the rafters for that.

Reactions: drlove

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Still think a few more jerseys need to go to the rafters in Hilton

Marcus Fizer
Jamal Tinsley
Melvin Ejim
Georges Niang
Monte Morris

Can anyone make a case why these guys don’t deserve it? Btw you don’t need to have graduated to have your jersey hung. Grayer has his hung before he graduated

didn’t you change your name a few days ago?

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
The current rules are a bit much. JP is saying that if Haliburton leads us to a National Championship while having a career season and then going to the NBA that we'd not hang his Jersey. That's a dumb rule.

There is a very strong case that the 5 listed should be up there. When was the last time we put a player up there anyways.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron