Haliburton NBA

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I love Tyrese and absolutely think he should go if his stock remains so high...

But what on earth are these scouts watching? There are ZERO NBA- ready guys on this roster. If Tyrese is only as good as the sum of the teams parts, that's fine, he'll be solid on an NBA team... but is that seriously what NBA teams are looking for in picks 1-13?

He isn't good enough to be a game changer, clearly enough, and I'd think that's what teams with lottery picks are looking for

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
I really want TH to make those around him better. We've had some players that raised everyone's game but I've never seen it from TH.

This team needs an alpha. Someone who commands and demands more from everyone around them.

Hard to make your teammates better when they either miss wide open shots or fumble the ball for a turnover. That seems to happen a lot.

Reminds me a little of when Royce White was here, except he had a more talent around him. I can remember discussions surrounding White going to the NBA and being awesome because his teammates were not good enough to handle his passes or be in the right position to make the play for him.

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

Dingus

May 23, 2013
If he was surrounded with guys that could shoot better, there would be a great chance he would be average over 10 assists per game.
Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that'd be the case. Haliburton's problem is that he's a great player on a terrible team, so every team's game plan is stop Halliburton and ISU doesn't have a chance.

That said, it's not real encouraging that he's had bad to mediocre games vs. the last 3 good teams we've played.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUChippewa

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Haliburton should shut it down the rest of the season and prepare for the NBA. He doesn't deserve to have to be stuck with such a bad team and coach.
I have to agree. He isn't helping himself by playing at this point. If he's getting lottery feed back now, might as well walk away, cuz his stock can only go down as the season unfolds.

Far be it from me to say he's not a lottery pick, but the guy can't create for himself consistently, isn't aggressive as a scorer, and doesn't protect the ball all that well. Funky looking jump shot as well.

In my opinion, he's a 2nd round pick, after 2 more years of college.