Game watch in Eastern Iowa?

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Any bars or gathering places to watch the game in the Iowa City / Cedar Rapids area? Unable to make it to Ames and my at-home channels consist of three different types of PBS. Life is rough in this half of the state.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
A lot of times they have something at the Fieldhouse on Blairs Ferry in CR. But not sure? Going to be tough with Iowa playing at the same time.

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
A lot of times they have something at the Fieldhouse on Blairs Ferry in CR. But not sure? Going to be tough with Iowa playing at the same time.

The Alumni people do game watches there, I always thought it would be a good idea to open a Cyclone bar in CR, just don't know if I want to get into the bar business.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
I live in CR and I will tell you that having both games at 11am isnt good for ISU fans. There will be no places showing the clones game, at least not on a big screen and definitely no sound.

Anyone want to host a house party?

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I live in CR and I will tell you that having both games at 11am isnt good for ISU fans. There will be no places showing the clones game, at least not on a big screen and definitely no sound.

I'd invite you over to my house, but then we'd be watching PBS, which doesn't really solve the problem.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden

For the three years I spent in Cedar Rapids I basically watched all ISU games in Des Moines or in Ames, because well, I was never in Cedar Rapids on the weekends.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

Tomorrow I am not available, but in the future I could host some fanatics in my basement/bar if there is interest. I'm in CR and think it would be great to get some fanatics together for game watches. Could even rotate who hosts or something. Bring some beer to share and I'm game!

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Mahoney's used to have all the games on. If they don't I'm sure they'd turn the channel for you.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I have the same problem, I have a wedding to go to close by at three. Otherwise I would be at the game. I know dealing with the Iowa game and their fans will be the biggest challenge.

sleestakCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 2, 2013
Sam's Pizza in Iowa City. I have been able to watch Iowa State games there before. It is often pretty empty.
Might also try the BWW in Coralville.

Find a friend with FS1 cable access, get their cable login ID/pw and watch the game stream fed into your TV, which is what I typically do.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron