Funny ISU banter from Comedy Pod

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Credit to my brother who has become such a fan he went back and listened to old episodes. I was able to find it on YouTube for your listening pleasure. 28 minutes in, comedian Joe List (who?) riffs on his experience at the Texas game. Funny stuff

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Funny is the last word I'd use to describe these two but still cool he experienced it, nonetheless
Their podcast is certainly lowbrow. I’m not at all familiar with List but I like some of Mark Normands material.

Reactions: CloneFan4

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Credit to my brother who has become such a fan he went back and listened to old episodes. I was able to find it on YouTube for your listening pleasure. 28 minutes in, comedian Joe List (who?) riffs on his experience at the Texas game. Funny stuff

I appreciate the link, but those guys... yikes. I feel like the guy in glasses is doing a poor impression of Larry David the whole time. I only listened about 10 minutes total but about every 3rd joke involved race somehow it seems. At least he was positive about ISU and the area in general.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
For the people like me that just want to watch the part where he talks about iowa state, its shortly after the 28 minute mark.

• Winner
Reactions: Cloneon

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
LOL at the sidekick guy that took a few moments to realize why they had to take commercial breaks, and couldn't just give the ads to the TV viewers to keep the action on the field going for the in-stadium viewers.

L

LincolnWay187

Their podcast is certainly lowbrow. I’m not at all familiar with List but I like some of Mark Normands material.
Normand is funny but often he will say stuff so shockingly dirty or inappropriate that even i am taken aback and thats saying a lot hahaha

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Normand was scheduled to be at the Funny Bone in WDSM in a couple weeks, I'm bummed that I'm not getting to see him there again (last time I knew he was scheduled, the show got moved/cancelled.) Mark was Amy Schumer's opener for awhile, Joe opened for Louis C.K. for awhile. I used to be a regular listener to the pod, now only catch them on Jim & Sam or as guests on other pods (Chip!) I'd drop some of the catch phrases from Tuesdays, but this is a family friendly site... Chipotle! Hey, hey!

I really enjoyed Mark's story on Jim & Sam about meeting and trying to hang out w/ Seinfeld. "I'm jonesin' for that hang!"

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I really enjoyed Mark's story on Jim & Sam about meeting and trying to hang out w/ Seinfeld. "I'm jonesin' for that hang!"
he’s great on Jim and Sam and that Seinfeld texting banter is fantastic.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Love Mark Normand, was going to see him in Chicago this spring, but thats obviously not happening anymore

“The hero bar keeps getting lower, soon you’re at teachers.” Lol

Last edited:

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Bump.
Most of you did not appreciate the podcast which is understandable, it’s an acquired taste. Hopefully some of you have seen his stand up in since posting this 2 years ago.
Here is a photo tweeted out yesterday of him wearing something familiar.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Joe will be at the Funny Bone in West Des Moines the first weekend of August. We saw him last time he was in town, it was great! Mark has been at the FB a few times in the last couple years, he's currently on Bert's big tour. Joe also has a movie coming out soon, Fourth of July, that he wrote with Louis C.K. (who did a one night only recently at the FB that I also went to.)

(full disclosure: I am a bit of a comedy nerd, cringe humor is my favorite. Jim Norton is probably my all time fave)

Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Joe will be at the Funny Bone in West Des Moines the first weekend of August. We saw him last time he was in town, it was great! Mark has been at the FB a few times in the last couple years, he's currently on Bert's big tour. Joe also has a movie coming out soon, Fourth of July, that he wrote with Louis C.K. (who did a one night only recently at the FB that I also went to.)

(full disclosure: I am a bit of a comedy nerd, cringe humor is my favorite. Jim Norton is probably my all time fave)
Really enjoyed Joe the last time he was in town. I will not be in town for the August date. Make sure you bring him some new Cyclones gear.

Still haven’t seen Mark. Last 2 years his dates lined up with an ice fishing trip.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Bump.
Most of you did not appreciate the podcast which is understandable, it’s an acquired taste. Hopefully some of you have seen his stand up in since posting this 2 years ago.
Here is a photo tweeted out yesterday of him wearing something familiar.

I’ve been listening to a ton of the Are You Garbage pod lately. Those dudes are funny as ****.

Normand brought up a random Iowa State reference on the Bonfire with Big J and Dan Soder too.

Reactions: cyclone1209

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’ve been listening to a ton of the Are You Garbage pod lately. Those dudes are funny as ****.

Normand brought up a random Iowa State reference on the Bonfire with Big J and Dan Soder too.
first I’ve heard of are you garbage. I’ll check it out.