Freshmen to watch article

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneVet917

Jul 9, 2020
on the Cyclones.

Really glad we go Bouman and Dekkers last class, especially with Mitchell transferring out. I actually don't see a lot of playing time for true freshmen this year though there's always a few. These things are always a but of guesswork, but a solid read for a football starved fan. Here's the link...

https://cfbsaturdays.com/iowa-state-cyclones-true-freshmen-to-watch-in-2020/

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Decent article, but it still amazes me how inaccurate some of these articles are. They must not do much homework.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Actually a fairly good assessment of the freshmen to watch.
That’s what I thought. They tried to match talent with opportunity, thin spots on the roster.

From a sheer talent standpoint some other players might have a chance. T.J. Tampa and Michal Antoine would be a couple of examples, but unlike the players mentioned in the article, they’ve got a lot of bodies ahead of them.

Come to think of it, Tampa certainly has the talents for a mean game of leapfrog...

Reactions: aauummm

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I've heard Johnny Wilson will play this year. Sounds like he has been impressive!

We have 4 outstanding defensive ends. If he finds playing time, that's truly impressive indeed

Edit: there's what, 77 starters on a football team? He can find a lot of snaps outside of the DL

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
on the Cyclones.

Really glad we go Bouman and Dekkers last class, especially with Mitchell transferring out. I actually don't see a lot of playing time for true freshmen this year though there's always a few. These things are always a but of guesswork, but a solid read for a football starved fan. Here's the link...

https://cfbsaturdays.com/iowa-state-cyclones-true-freshmen-to-watch-in-2020/

They didn’t include the one freshman who will be a day 1 starter. What a shame.