Firmly Entrenched-Iowa Everywhere

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I really like Woody, Mahony, and Newell. All have expertise as D1 football players and each have different experiences. Blume, Hassel, and CW also do a great job. All are very comfortable talking about anything and everything.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I don't know who needs to hear this but if your name is Jake or Nick and you're podcasting and you need to take a drink, maybe mute your mike momentarily to do it.

Podcast swallowing is like chewing with your mouth open.

Otherwise great show keep up the good work.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
was perusing the board at work today (killing time at a desk is always fun) and stumbled onto this. Say what’s up if you see me there again! Need to connect with some Cyclone friends up here. I hope everyone is well!!
Stanz! What are you up too?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
The title IX final podcast mentioned finding love Jared??

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
was perusing the board at work today (killing time at a desk is always fun) and stumbled onto this. Say what’s up if you see me there again! Need to connect with some Cyclone friends up here. I hope everyone is well!!
Will do!

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Stanz! What are you up too?
I am working as a dispatcher for a trucking company in St. Paul and getting my feet wet in coaching some ball for an AAU program up here. Nothing anyone will find too exciting. :)

The title IX final podcast mentioned finding love Jared??
Happy to report it is true. ;)

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Seems? They very clearly announced they were ending and today's episode was definitely a finale.
Thanks for your friendly assist!

Why is everyone being a **** around here lately?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I’m an occasional listener so to me I wondered if they were closing the season or more likely ending the pod. Also driving and listening.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I listened to the early episodes of FE when Osen was on his way out. I think he mentioned he was staying on because he had committed to doing the pod already and wanted to keep the commitment. I don't really blame him for not being 100% locked in.

I like Jake, but his delivery is way too slow and monotone for a podcast. As someone else said, with so much selection, FE doesn't jump out as a must listen.

On a somewhat related note, Busse has been a massive disappointment as a replacement for Osen at 247. He seems aloof and unaware of Iowa State, Iowa State fans, and what his job entails.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am working as a dispatcher for a trucking company in St. Paul and getting my feet wet in coaching some ball for an AAU program up here. Nothing anyone will find too exciting. :)

Happy to report it is true. ;)
Bout time Jare Bear!

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
I listened to the early episodes of FE when Osen was on his way out. I think he mentioned he was staying on because he had committed to doing the pod already and wanted to keep the commitment. I don't really blame him for not being 100% locked in.

I like Jake, but his delivery is way too slow and monotone for a podcast. As someone else said, with so much selection, FE doesn't jump out as a must listen.

On a somewhat related note, Busse has been a massive disappointment as a replacement for Osen at 247. He seems aloof and unaware of Iowa State, Iowa State fans, and what his job entails.
He's an Illinois grad. I watched the Illinois game preview with him when he was the "Iowa State Guest". As you said. Totally unaware. Osun as a Wisconsin guy was WAY better.

CliveClone17

Feb 24, 2015
Just listened to the latest FE (which has been OK through the BB season) and I think Jake has some good analysis, but good God man please drink your drink while on mute or prior to speaking. He probably took 10 gulps in the middle of sentences and I had to turn it off. It may be just me but I couldn't handle it...

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey

honestly anyone taking over from Osen was going to be a disappointment. That guy rocked.