Field storm was unnecessary

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
FWIW "Storming the Field" in my opinion is right up there with tailgating as one of the great things to do surrounding college FB. Nothing quite like stepping foot on that magical turf in JTS. When I was a student we never won any games so I take every opportunity to participate. I do make sure to enter the field through the gate and not jump the wall...that could get ugly. ;)

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yeah people really forget how relatively few things ISU football has had to celebrate. I went to school during the "peak" rhoads years and basically it was just being cold and drunk and watching us get dinged up for 70 at home.
Oh, we only got beat by 70 like, 3 times. No big deal.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Another fun fact the Iowa marching band actually also got roundhouse kicked in the face by a fan during this field rush.

200w.gif

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone and SaraV

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
The posters who want to set rules about when it acceptable for students to rush the field are almost always motivated by some weird self conscious concern about what other teams fans might say about it on social media (usually they are concerned about Iowa fans). What a weird motivator.

Apr 19, 2006
LOL, I always related ISU football to the Lucy and Charlie Brown to the football scene. Where good ol' Chuck was ISU football and right when we think we are going to pull off the upset or win back in the day Lucy would pull the ball and we would get kicked in the nuts and some fluke thing would happen which would cause us to lose. So in the above meme I envisioned Matt Campbell finally taking care of Lucy and we are now finishing games and getting upsets. Side note: I never condone violence against women or kids though.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Get drunk, get stupid, and have fun. Just stay away from the other team when you do it. It only takes one bad situation for it to never be allowed again.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I think if you watched that game, and understood how close it was, and how good the team we beat was, and how physical it was, and how up and down emotionally it was fir both sides…field storming was pretty justified.

that was a hell of a game played yesterday